The upgraded Ranger RX unit, plus the new Speed and Speed AS units are designated RX because they may be operated by remote control – by computer or by a handset – enormously increasing the ease of use on location.
The basic unit has an improved "fast" recycling sequence and the Speed unit will recycle to full power in 2.9 seconds plus up to 250 flashes.
The Speed unit is available with either 2:1 asymmetrical or symmetrical output. It incorporates the most advanced miniaturised components weighing in at only 8 Kg – much lighter and smaller than any comparable unit.
The same modified circuitry has permitted an extension of its power range to 7 f-stop, with enhanced stability.
Includes Shoulder Strap, Battery Box, Sync cord, Charger
[PDF] Learn more about the Elinchrom Ranger RX System
- Consistent flash power at any battery level.
- Guide number all units max. power f-64.1 @ 2 m distance 100 ISO
- Charger, Multi-voltage with European, USA and UK adapters.
- Battery re-charging - to full power- 3 hours.
- The charger can charge the battery in the unit or externally.
- Power saving, auto cut off of modelling lamp and charging
- Modelling Lamp modes, 15 s, 30 s & off
- Photocell, adapted to release in bright ambient light.
- Charge Ready Beep, on/off, with green LED indicator.
- Charge Ready Light / Open Flash, indicated with bright LED!
- Auto Dump Function, adjust power levels after setting automatically
- Battery Charge Indicator, two green LED 100%, one green LED 50%, one red LED approx. 10%. The Ranger electronic protects the battery from over and complete discharging. The battery can be recharged at any level. There is no “Memory-Effect”!
- Battery-Box Quick Release, to release, press the two push buttons at the left and right side of the housing, lift up the unit releasing the existing battery - then place the pack over the replacement battery, pressing firmly down for automatic locking.
- Moisture resistant rubber protectors.
- Raised sockets complete with covers; electronics only in the upper part of the unit.
|What is New?
||Ranger RX Speed
||Ranger RX Speed AS
|Quick re-charging to full power
|Power range 7 f-stop
||1100 Ws – 8.5 Ws
||1100 Ws – 5.5 Ws
||For optional RX Hand Remote Control / all models
||To connect to computers with MAC/Windows operating systems / all models
||66% - 33%, two heads connected
||140 flashes @ full power
||250 flashes @ full power
||250 flashes @ full power
||8 kg only, smallest unit in this class
Quick re-charging to full power
Power range 7 f-stop
1100 Ws – 8.5 Ws
For optional RX Hand Remote Control / all models
To connect to computers with MAC/Windows operating systems / all models
F-stop, 2 m, 100 ISO, 1/250 s; Re? ector 48°
Power range in f-stop
7 / 1.5 – 7.5
Recycling, fast @ min. / max. power
0.3 s / 3 s
66% - 33%, two heads connected
250 ? ashes @ full power
Dimensions in cm
19 x 14 x 28
8 kg only, smallest unit in this class