Panasonic AG-AF100p Camcorder- 2 ZL kit
Large-sensor, interchangeable lens camcorder.
Panasonic's AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds Professional HD Camcorder represents an impressive leap forward in affordable, cinema-quality video imaging. Providing all the professional features expected in an interchangeable-lens camcorder--manual video and audio control, variable frame rates, HD-SDI and HDMI output, XLR inputs, timecode--the AG-AF100 plays its trump card with a large, 4/3"-type image sensor. At 13 times the size of comparably priced 1/3" sensors (and almost 4 times larger than the 2/3" sensors found in cameras costing more than twice as much), the AG-AF100's sensor brings the richness of DSLR video into a professional form factor.
Until now, if you wanted a camera that could shoot video with the deep colours, enhanced light sensitivity, and shallow depth-of-field achievable with large-sensor imaging, you had one of two options: a DSLR kitted out with any number of support accessories, or access to a large bank account. The AG-AF100 not only delivers the image quality, versatility, and control that professional shooters have been clamoring for, but at a price well within most pro-level budgets. No doubt about it: the large-sensor, interchangeable lens camcorder has finally arrived!
- Large 4/3"-type MOS Sensor
- DSLR-like Image Quality
- Compatible w/Still & Cinema Lenses
- AVCHD Recording
- 1080 60/50i, 30/25/24p
- 720 60/50/30/25/24p
- HD-SDI, HDMI Output, Dual XLR Input
- Dual SD Card Slots
- Timecode, Waveform
- Dynamic Range Stretch, Gamma Select
- Internal ND filter: 1/4, 1/16, 1/64 or Off (rotary switch).
- Focus-assist function: edge colouration, focus bar display.
- DRS (Dynamic Range Stretch): automatically reduces compression of black or blown highlights in high contrast scenes.
- Thumbnail viewing, clip deletion and SD card to SD card copying and metadata recording functions.
- Pre-rec and Interval rec functions.
- Relay recording: Relay recording from one SD card to another without interrupt.
- WFM display function: the wave form of the video being recorded is easily displayed on an LCD monitor.
- Shot mark function: the useful shot mark function allows marking of clips as good, bad or others.
- User buttons: three user buttons allow high-frequency functions to be performed with a single push.
- Audio volume: allows manual adjustment of audio inputs (2 ch).
4/3"-type Image Sensor with Digital Still Camera Technology
The same digital single lens still camera technology that's gathering widespread attention for its innovative techniques has been applied to this camcorder. The 4/3"-type MOS image sensor, with an imaging area similar to that of 35mm movies, lets you easily shoot film-like movies with the shallow depth of field and soft focus of a film camera lens.
Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
A wide variety of lenses for Micro Four Thirds standard digital SLR cameras can be used for shooting movies. With the mount adapter, it's also possible to mount 35mm film camera lenses and prime lenses, for rendering images that maximize lens characteristics.
Extended Recording in AVCHD High-Quality PH Mode
The AVCHD recording format used by the AG-AF100 includes a professional PH mode with maximum AVCHD bit rate for stunning image quality. Two SD card slots allow continuous recording for up to 12 hours in PH mode and up to 48 hours in HE mode (using two 64GB cards).
Multi HD Format & New VFR Recording Function
Recording can be made in multiple HD formats: 1080 60i/50i/30p/25p/24p; 720 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p. The new VFR (Variable Frame Rate) recording function in full HD (1920 x 1080) progressive mode is also supported. Playback in 24p gives a cinematic effect driven by 1/2.5 speed slow motion or double-speed quick motion. DRS, Gamma and numerous other video expression functions available on previous Panasonic professional camera recorders remain in place.
A Professional Design with HD-SDI, XLR & Other Interfaces
The AG-AF100 features HD-SDI and HDMI output, XLR 2-channel audio input and other interfaces that are typically found on professional camcorders. Timecode recording also supports precise video production.
Design Based on Professional Camcorders
The professional camcorder design with grip, handle, large-sized high quality viewfinder (0.45" / 1.226 million dot equivalent [852 x 480 x 3 (RGB)]) on a lightweight, compact body, along with a high-definition 16:9 color LCD panel (3.45" / 921,000 dot (1920 x 480)), supports smooth camera operation. The handle and grip are detachable for diverse peripherals and applications.