Canon EF-S 18-55/3.5-5.6 USM Lens
The Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S IS Lens is a standard zoom lens that features the smaller size image circle, exclusively designed for EOS Digital Rebel and other cameras using the "APS-C" size sensor. The focal length is equivalent to approx. 28-90mm in 35mm format. This makes it ideal as a basic everyday lens.
This lens features Canon's optical Image Stabilizer technology, which provides up to 3-4 stop compensation for image blur caused by camera shake and slow shutter speeds. This ensures clear, crisp images, even in dim light.
Designed specifically for digital photography, the lens has specially shaped lens elements and Super Spectra coatings to suppress ghosting and flare, which can be caused by reflections off digital camera sensors. An exclusive optional lens hood can further reduce the incidence of flare.
Note! Only fits the EOS Digital Rebel series, or EOS "D" series DSLR camera bodies with APS-C sized sensors.
- Uses optics designed to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses
- Optimized lens coatings minimize flare and ghosting which are prone to occur with digital cameras
- Compact and ultra-lightweight with impressive close-focusing ability of 9.8" (25 cm)
- Includes 1 Aspherical lens element
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces a more attractive appearance to out-of-focus background areas in photos shot using the widest apertures