Canon EF 2X III Teleconverter
The Canon Extender EF 2X III is designed for Canon L-series telephoto lenses. The extender is perfect for photojournalists, nature and sports photographers who need to get close to distant and challenging subjects. The Extender EF 2x III increases the focal length of a lens by a factor of 2x while still delivering superb image quality. To ensure the best possible image quality in all shooting conditions, it also combines enhanced environmental protection, redesigned optics and improved data communication between lens and camera.
The extender allows professional photographers to shoot distant subjects without having to carry a number of heavy lenses. The Extender EF 2x III features five groups of nine elements, ensuring improved optical performance. All optical elements use Canon's Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare to minimize post-processing requirements. A new Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements makes marks, such as spots left by water or fingerprints, much easier to clean than standard coatings.
To facilitate the accurate transfer of imaging data between the lens and camera body, the extender features an integrated processor which ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available - allowing the photographer to capture crisp, well-exposed images. When combined with the latest range of premium Canon L-series lenses, these extenders enable higher AF accuracy, ensuring perfectly sharp shots, even when capturing moving subjects.
A carefully positioned lens release mechanism also makes it easy to mount the extenders quickly, reducing the time that the camera and lens are exposed to the environment. The extenders offer the exceptional build-quality expected from Canon's professional products, and are resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions.
- Designed for Canon L-series telephoto lenses
- Carefully positioned lens release mechanism makes it easy to mount the extender quickly, reducing the time the camera and lens are exposed to the environment
- Integrated processor ensures all focusing, metering and ID information is available
- All optical elements use Canon's Super Spectra coating, reducing ghosting and flare
- Fluorine Coating on the front and rear elements makes marks, such as spots left by water or fingerprints, much easier to clean
- Resistant to both dust and water, allowing photographers to use them in extreme shooting conditions