Panasonic LumixVario100-300/4.0-5.6 lens
This new telephoto zoom lens realizes 300mm (35mm camera equivalent: 600mm) hand-held ultra-telephoto zoom shots with an astonishingly compact and light weight profile. It allows photographers to shoot subjects at challenging distances including sports, wild animals and aircraft without carrying a huge conventional ultra-telephoto zoom lens and a heavy tripod. Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) powerfully compensates for the hand shake which severely affects the zoomed images to suppress blur.
The new LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. is comprised of the lens unit with 17 elements in 12 groups including an ED lens. By adopting the ED lens in the first lens group, the chromatic aberration is effectively suppressed. This renders sharp, high contrast images with stable optical performance over the entire zoom range. The integration of a stepping motor with exclusive zoom tracking control system and inner focus drive system realizes the use of accurate and high-speed contrast AF, while keeping noise to a minimum..
Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces a beautifully smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. A highly reliable metal mount assures durability for active use, multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosting and flare to further enhance its shooting performance.
- Maximum focal length of 600mm super telephoto zoom (35mm camera equivalent)
- An ED lens in the first lens group for superb optical performance by suppressing chromatic aberration at entire zoom range
- Optical Image Stabilizer in the lens effectively compensates for the handshake to realize using super high zoom even without a tripod
- High-speed, silent Contrast AF for both photos and movies with inner focus drive system
- The integration of stepping motor with exclusive zoom tracking control system
- Circular aperture diaphragm
- Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare
- Durable metal mount