Checkthrough Backpack Black
Mfr item: R101-141
This item is no longer available.
This page is here for your reference.
Skooba Design Checkthrough Backpack Black
The patent-pending Checkthrough® Backpack is a sleek, ultralight laptop/travel pack designed and rigorously-tested to be "checkpoint-friendly," so you can run it through airport x-ray screening without removing your computer.*
The bag opens and hinges in the middle to separate and isolate the laptop compartment from the rest of the bag. For initial, immediate visual reference, the laptop can be seen by the inspector through a clear, quick-recognition window that is exposed when the bag is unfolded. With the window facing up, the bag is sent through x-ray screening. The design of the laptop compartment is such that the image presented to the screener is the same as if the laptop were removed and placed in a bin. The Checkthrough bag and all of its contents can be carried securely with or without the hinge zipped shut, so it can be readied in line, prior to screening. Once through, the traveler can simply pick up the bag and go, zipping it back up on the move or at the gate.
*It is the intention and expectation of all involved in the “checkpoint-friendly” bag program that once fully implemented, the process will move smoothly and that suitably designed and constructed bags, properly packed and used, will move through the system efficiently as planned. However, in all instances, screening personnel always have the right to require laptop removal, secondary screening, or any other measures deemed necessary to ensure travel security.
- Holds virtually any laptop up to 17" screen size -- laptop section interior is 16.5” x 11.5” x 1.5” (check the outer dimensions of your laptop to insure proper fit)
- Divided folder/file section, exterior pockets for metal detector items, allowable liquid (“3-1-1”) bags, and more.
- Checkpoint-friendly bag unzips in the center, unfolds and exposes laptop section below patent-pending quick-recognition window. Security screener gets instant visual confirmation of contents, as added “checkpoint-friendly” reinforcement.
- Designed to “re-fold” just by picking the bag up by the handle or strap at the end of security process. The Checkthrough bag is equally secure whether the inspection zipper is open or closed, so the traveler can leave security, carry the bag safely and re-zip when convenient.
- Over 20 pockets, compartments and organizers in all, including easy-access Doc-pocket™ for boarding pass and passport, mesh pockets for cords and adapters, and more.
- Includes durable, zippered clear pouch for allowable liquid bottles. Pouch designed to fit perfectly in front pocket for instant access and removal for inspection.
- Shoulder straps and back panel padded and covered in moisture-wicking, ventilated mesh. Cushioned top grip for comfortable hand-carrying.