Pentax Optio W90 Black/Green
The Pentax Optio W90 Compact Digital Camera is ideal for the adventurous photographer as it allows shooting in extreme environmental conditions. It is waterproof to up to 20' (6.1 m), great for snorkeling, boating or shooting in the rain or snow. It is also dustproof so you don't have to worry about ruined images due to external factors...so go ahead and shoot in a dust storm.
The Optio W90 will operate in temperatures ranging from 14 - 104°F (-10 - 40°C) and is shockproof for distances up to 4' (1.2 m) so you don't have to worry (too much) about damaging the camera should it slip from your hands when you forget to use the included wrist strap. Even the W90's 2.7" LCD display has a coating which allows you to preview your images without glare from external light.
Its wide range of advanced built-in shooting modes help to deliver images with optimal exposure and color balance. With 12.1 megapixels and its wide angle zoom lens (35mm equivalent 28-140mm) you can make impressive enlargements. The W90 has a unique Digital Microscope mode which incorporates a 3-LED lens lighting system for extreme macro photography. You can get in close to capture nature's tiny elements or for other applications such as industrial, medical and product photography.
Its advanced Face Detection technology will recognize up to 32 faces in an image field and you can even program it to automatically release the shutter the moment the your subjects' faces turn towards the 5x zoom lens. The Optio W90 also has 3 anti-shake modes so you can capture sharp images and HD (720p) movies, even in low light.
- As Pentax's 11th generation waterproof digital camera, this rugged camera is ideal for any environment.
- With the W90 you can dive for underwater picture-taking at depths up to 20' (6 m) and for up to 2 hours of continuous operation.
- The Optio W90 also offers exceptional shockproof capacity to withstand a fall from a height of 4' (1.2 m) without damage to the body, thanks to its new body design and refined internal mechanisms. In addition to these characteristics, the Optio W90 comes with remarkable dustproof performance and exceptional performance at temperatures between 14 - 104°F (-10 - 40°C) so you can shoot under almost any environmental condition.
- Combining a macro shooting capability from 0.4" (1cm) away with the Digital Zoom function, the Optio W90's Digital Microscope mode delivers a magnified view of tiny subjects difficult to observe closely with the naked eye. Thanks to 3 LED macro lights installed on the face of the lens barrel, the subject is clearly and brightly displayed on the LCD monitor even when the camera is held at a distance at which it casts a shadow on the subject.
- The Optio W90 features a Face Detection AF & AE function, which instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces in the image field, then catches them in sharp focus and optimum exposure in just 0.03 seconds.
- The Small Face filter detects not only human faces, but also the faces of pets or other animals. When you select pre-registered dog or cat faces (up to 3 choices), the camera automatically detects them and optimizes focus and exposure. You can even program the camera to automatically release the shutter the moment the subject's face turns straight toward the camera.
- The Optio W90 captures movie clips at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. This mode also offers a variety of editing functions: Still images can be extracted from movie clips; title images can be added to the beginning and/or end of a movie clip; and more. The Optio W90 also provides an HDMI micro terminal for audio/video signal output.
- Combining approximately 12.1 effective megapixels with the Pentax-developed imaging engine and the high-performance Pentax zoom lens, the Optio W90 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged to larger sizes, the user is assured of sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
- On the back of its small body, the Optio W90 features a large 2.7" high-brightness color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots and horizontally extended 16:9 proportions. This monitor is treated with a special AR (Anti-Reflection) coating to cut the glare of external light and minimize annoying reflections, making it easy to view recorded images and on-screen menus even in bright sunlight.
- When capturing still images, the Optio W90's Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) effectively compensates for camera shake by processing affected images. When the Optio W90 detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, it automatically raises its sensitivity to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed. This effectively minimizes the adverse effects of camera shake and subject shake under poor lighting conditions. During movie recording, the Optio W90 prevents blurry images by effectively minimizing annoying camera shake through the use of exclusive software.
- Thanks to its large, horizontally extended LCD monitor, the Optio W90 offers the innovative Subscreen Input function. This allows the user to display a thumbnail of a recorded image in the upper left corner of the LCD panel, so it can be used as a reference. This comes in handy when the photographer wants to shoot subjects from the same angle and at the same image size every time (such as photographing prepared food in the same way to compile a recipe file), or when the user wants to constantly keep a favorite image on the screen.
- Despite its compact dimensions, the Optio W90 features an optical 5X zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5 - 25mm (equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 28mm - 140mm). Thanks to this wide zoom range, the Optio W90 can be used for a wide variety of subjects and scenes, from spectacular landscape and group shots to tightly framed snapshots taken from a distance.
- Take perfect portraits with fast Face Detection (up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink Detection, and processing modes specifically designed for portraiture.
- Capture images remotely with infrared remote control capabilities.
- An autofocus assist lamp helps to quickly and accurately focus, even in challenging lighting.
- Use the Collage function to compose a single picture from multiple images.
- The Ink Rubbing filter can create a monochromatic, high-contrast image from a recorded image.
- The Auto Picture mode automatically selects one of the eight shooting modes for the optimum result.
- Choose from 12 digital filters add distinctive visual effects to recorded images.
- A carabiner strap is included for hooking the camera to a backpack or other outdoor gear.
- MediaImpression 2.0 software for Pentax image viewing, editing and filing software is included (compatible with latest operation systems, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6).