Nikon F6 Black Body
The advances in the F6 include many from recent developments in Nikon's sister digital SLR camera line, including the 11-area AF system for exceptionally accurate and fast autofocus operation, and the Creative Lighting System for incomparable flash photography control. As well, Nikon's proprietary 3D Colour Matrix Metering system has been refined for improved accuracy in scene reading, retaining Nikon's leadership in advanced colour metering.
The F6 offers a variety of exciting, innovative control options such as a customisable Function button, built-in data back functions, and shooting data memory. Photographers will also enjoy the convenience and versatility afforded by 41 Custom Settings, allowing them to fine-tune the F6 to suit individual shooting preferences and requirements. Access to command function information and settings is via an innovative rear panel supplementary LCD.
The F6 introduces Nikon's advanced Creative Lighting System i-TTL flash technology into a film camera for the first time. First shown in Nikon's D2H pro digital SLR camera, and more recently in the award-winning Nikon D70, in the Nikon F6, film users can now take advantage of the enormous creative possibilities of remote wireless command and control operation available with Nikon i-TTL Speedlights SB-800 and SB-600
The F6 also boasts a number of dedicated accessories, including a Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-40, seven interchangeable focusing screens, Data Reader MV-1 and camera cases.
- Metering System: Nikon's Advanced Exposure Metering System includes 3D Color Matrix metering with improved algorithm, a flexible Center Weighted metering and Spot metering corresponding to any of the 11 selected focus areas
- Autofocus: Autofocus system inlcudes Multi-CAM 2000 Autofocus (AF) Sensor Module, with advanced high-speed, high-precision 11-area AF system with 9 cross-type AF sensors. Also includes Four AF Area Modes such as Single Area AF, Dynamic AF with Focus Tracking and Lock-On(TM), Closest Subject Priority Dynamic AF and Group Dynamic AF.
- Usable Lenses: All AF-D, AF-G, AF-I, AF-S and AF VR Nikkor lenses provide full AF and metering operation. AI-P lenses provide manual focus w/electronic rangefinder and full metering operation. AI lenses provide manual focus w/electronic rangefinder, aperture priority and manual exposure mode, C/W and Spot Metering operation.
- Shooting Modes: Program, Flexible Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual. Also allows for exposure xompensation, Auto Exposure/Flash Bracketing.
- Film Advance: Four film advance modes, including Single (S), Continuous Low-Speed (CL) for up to approx. 3 fps, Continuous High-Speed (CH) for up to 5.5 fps (or 8 fps with optional Multi Power Battery Pack MB-40) and Continuous Silent (Cs) for nearly silent operation at approximately 1 fps.
- Flash: Nikon's Creative Lighting System (with SB-800/600 Speedlights) includes i-TTL Balanced Fill-Flash, Wireless Advance Lighting capability and AUTO FP High-Speed Sync capability up to 1/8000 second.
Nikon MB-40 High-Speed Battery Pack
Enables up to 8 fps second frame advance. Separate Shutter button, Multi-selector, Command and Sub-Command dial, AF-On buttons for vertical shooting.