Mastering Photographic Composition, Creativity, and Personal Style
by Alain Briot
Mfr item: 1933952229
RockyNook Mastering Photographic Composition, Creativity, and Personal Style by Alain Briot
Alain Briot states that, "The personality of the photographer must be present in the image for an artistic photograph to have value." And in this book he sets out to teach the things that are essential in achieving this goal.
Following his successful first book, Mastering Landscape Photography, Briot goes beyond the conventional rules of composition and takes on a fresh, new approach to teaching the art of photography. Based upon his personal experiences as an artist, teacher, and photographer, he opens new doors to the reader-doors leading to new ways of seeing and composing images. Briot approaches fine art photography as being a combination of art and technique. In this new book he addresses both of these by presenting artistic and technical information. On the artistic side, Briot introduces artistic concepts that have been rarely, if ever, associated with photography. On the technical side, he presents numerous tools that can help you learn how to create better photographs and provides technical solutions to common photographic problems.
The author practices photography as a fine art. What matters most to him is how photography can be used to express feelings and emotions. For Briot, a good photograph must be both artistically inspired and technically excellent. To have just one of these two elements is not enough for a fine art photograph to be successful.
- How to compose with colour, with black and white, and with light
- Why you need to consider your audience while composing a photograph
- Recreating the emotions you felt when you captured your photographs
- How the elements of colour (hue, contrast, and saturation) work in your images
- How to control the elements that have a visual effect in your photographs
- How to draw upon your personal way of seeing and then share your vision
- How to diagnose image maladies and apply the proper remedies
- How to define a colour palette for a specific photograph
- How to use compositional elements to develop a personal style