Colorvision Spyder4 Elite
Show the world your true colours.
Spyder4Elite is a display colour calibration solution designed not only for photographers, but also videographers and video editors who need the highest level of colour control in the studio and flexibility in post-production. The Spyder4Elite can also provide colour calibration for projectors.
Spyder4Elite features a patented, full-spectrum 7-colour sensor that can accurately characterize a variety of wide gamut and normal displays. Spyder4Elite software lets you use the same sensor to calibrate your monitor, laptop computer, iPad, iPhone and projector. No other calibrator has this capability. The fourth-generation sensor uses double-shielded filters for longer life and better performance. On average, accuracy and precision are improved by 26% and 19% respectively.
Automated Colour & Brightness Calibration
Spyder4Elite's simple, clear and automated process makes it straightforward to calibrate your displays to a reference condition. You can view and edit images with confidence on a display calibrated to show true-to-life colours and luminance adjusted for precise shadow/highlight detail.
Full-spectrum color sensor
Spyder4Elite's patented 7-colour sensor improves upon colourimeters that use 3-channel RGB sensors. Each Spyder4Elite unit is individually tuned in the factory to accurately handle a variety of wide-gamut and normal gamut displays with ease.
Single sensor calibrates all your displays
Spyder4Elite works with your laptop, multiple monitors, front projector, television (with paid software upgrade on website), iPad and even iPhone. It works with LCD, LED, OLED, CRT, DLP and other display technologies. You can calibrate multiple displays connected to your computer. Spyder4Elite is unique in its ability to calibrate all your display devices to achieve greater consistency.
Improved accuracy and stability
The fourth-generation Spyder4Elite has double-shielded colour filters for an even closer match to CIE colour standards and improved long term stability. Average accuracy increased by 26% and consistency between Spyder units has improved 19%.
Fast Re-calibration Assistant
The "ReCAL" feature makes it quick and easy to recalibrate your display to compensate for changes that occur over time.
Adapts display to surrounding light
The lighting around you will affect image contrast and appearance. An additional sensor on the Spyder4Elite detects changes to surrounding light and adapts the display luminance accordingly.
Spyder4Elite software options for greater control
For greater control over colour management Spyder4Elite provides additional features:
- StudioMatch enables visual fine-tuning of studio displays to match the way you see colour
- Built-in presets for video standards such as Cineon, NTSC and PAL
- Colour analysis of your display quality by plotting uniformity, color gamut, and change over time, tone response and allowing comparison with other displays
- Calibrate to professional workflow targets with L-Star tone response curve
- Unlimited choices for gamma, white point, white luminance and black luminance
- Iterative grey balance algorithm for the most accurate greys
- Front projector calibration for colour accurate presentations
- Datacolor Spyder4Elite colourimeter
- Desktop Cradle/Tripod mount
- Spyder4Elite™ Software CD
- Quick Start Guide (in 10 languages)
- Limited warranty
- Free Support