Sinar X - 4x5 Camera
The Sinar x delivers the most popular features of the Sinar p2 for a significantly lower cost. The x still delivers all the speed and ease of use of the p2's geared movements, swing and tilt calculation and Sinar system compatibility. If you don't need the minor features that differentiate the p2 and the x, then this might be the camera for you.
- The x is based on asymmetric tilts and swings, not the traditional center or base tilts. This means rapid and precise settings, without ever losing sharpness on the axis.
You can calculate exact swings and tilts in seconds using the asymmetric movements and measuring scales. You won’t have to guess at your movements anymore, and it’s fast — very fast. All x movements are gear-driven.
- The x’s precision micrometer drives are smooth and self-arresting. Once a movement is set, it stays. You get easy one-hand operation, and no more wrestling with locking knobs. Depth of field calculator tells you exactly how much depth of field you need for your image, forever eliminating excessive stopping down. Yaw-free design lets you combine swings and tilts with no time-consuming readjustments.
- Optional metering back allows you to use film plane metering probes.
The Sinar x is a cost-efficient alternative to the top-of-the-line p2 model, performing all the functions with equal perfection but deliberately dispensing with some of the operating amenities, The TTL Metering Back for instance, is not included in the basic outfit, but it remains an option that can be added later. The feature of adapting to formats larger that 4x5 was also intentionally foregone on the Sinar x camera, thus contributing greatly to the cost reduction, as did the elimination of a digital adapter connection for a digital back with a CCD array (never-the-less, the x can be used with a digital scan back).
The Sinar x also does not feature the zero detent "click-stops" of the P2 model. The Sinar x still retains the most integral and unique features of a Sinar, such as the asymmetrical swing/tilt capabilities, among others, making it an outstanding value. The Sinar x provides the photographer with the best features of a top of the line monorail camera at a reasonable price.
- Asymmetric tilts and swings - completely yaw-free
- All movements are gear driven and on the right side of the camera
- Two Point Focusing System helps to determine the correct degree of swings and tilts
- Depth-of field calculator