Pocket Wizard Flex TT5 Canon Transceiver
The Most Versatile PocketWizard Ever.
The dedicated FlexTT5™ Transceiver, with its built in hot-shoe and ControlTL™ firmware, is the perfect addition to Canon E-TTL II flash systems. The FlexTT5 takes the existing benefits of Canon wireless systems beyond the boundaries of infrared technology. When paired with the Mini TT1™ Transmitter or another FlexTT5 Transceiver, a whole new world of wireless flash freedom opens up. The FlexTT5 is also the perfect Transceiver for your manual triggering needs and works with all MultiMAX channels and many of the MultiMAX advanced functions.
The FlexTT5’s simple design comes to life through its hot-shoe connection with a camera or flash. Mount a flash or command unit on the FlexTT5 to use the same zone controls and ratio commands as you would normally. The system tracks your changes in ISO, shutter speed and aperture and reacts accordingly to make sure exposures stay right on target. Use the flash compensation dial on your camera or flash just as you would normally and the changes pass seamlessly through the system.
The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for TTL photography, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. The FlexTT5 Transceiver also has a three-zone selector switch for ease of use with Canon zones and ratios.
With PocketWizard HyperSync™ Technology, the FlexTT5 can precisely advance the timing of your flash trigger so that increased flash sync speeds, up to 1/500th of a second is achievable with many strobes.
Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed sync mode automatically. Simply change your shutter speed to get flash sync all the way to 1/8000th. No buttons to press or settings to change!
A PocketWizard Utility program is provided to support the FlexTT5 Transceiver via a USB port. The Utility allows you to configure your channel settings, dial in your HyperSync timing, adjust your sleep-mode timers as well as update your product to the latest firmware.
The FlexTT5 also has our Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology that enables it to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. When a hot-shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode. With Auto Relay Mode you can easily trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flash. Put a camera where you can’t be and use remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
- ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s newest firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capabilities through our proven radio system, beginning with remote TTL for Canon E-TTL II systems. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement. Find more details on ControlTL here.
- Dedicated E-TTL II Flash Triggering: Locking your Canon E-TTL-II flashes onto FlexTT5’s and mounting a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 onto your Canon digital camera’s hot shoe gives you full E-TTL II autoflash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera, on-camera flash or flash commander controls for flash compensation, zone and ratio control.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology: PocketWizard’s Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology enables the FlexTT5 Transceiver to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. All PocketWizard Transceivers default to Receiver mode. When a hot-shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode.
- Auto-Relay Mode: Easily trigger a remote camera in sync with a distant remote flashes with Auto-Relay Mode. Put a camera where you can’t be and have remote TTL or non-TTL lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
- Power Tracking: When working in E-TTL II you can change any of your control settings on your flash or camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your flash compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in shutter speed, aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
- Eight Frames per Second: Never before have you been able to shoot remote E-TTL II at this speed. Nothing else comes close.
- HyperSync™: HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, up to 1/500th second, with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. HyperSync works with TTL speedlights and full size studio flash. All you need is a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera that has been tuned to your specific camera via the PocketWizard Utility.
- FP/High Speed Sync: Need more speed? Push your ControlTL system beyond 1/500th and go into FP/High-Speed sync mode automatically. Simply change your shutter speed to get flash sync all the way to 1/8000th. No buttons to press or settings to change!
- Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional E-TTL II control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
- Low-Profile Design: The FlexTT5 lies flat, stays out of the way and features a flip-up antenna for additional range when needed.
- Channels / Learn Mode: The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for TTL photography, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. TTL and manual flashes can be combined in a lighting situation. Use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
- Zone Select: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has an A-B-C zone-select switch to allow use with the slave groups found on Canon E-TTL II flashes. Using these zones allows you to use the E-TTL II ratio controls found in the Canon system. These zones can also be used with a MultiMAX thus allowing you to pair a single MultiMAX radio on camera with FlexTT5’s Transceivers on your remote flashes and utilize many of the MultiMAX’s advance trigger functions.
- Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the FlexTT5 Transceiver to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The FlexTT5 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available.
- Reverse Compatible: The FlexTT5 Transceiver operates on the same channels as all other PocketWizards and will work with any PocketWizard radio you may already have.
- Camera/Flash Ports: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has two plug-in ports for use with remote Canon E-TTL II cameras and other flash units, including studio strobes. With its auto-relay function, the Flex can trigger a remote camera and transmit to a remote strobe.
- FlexTT5 Transceiver
- USB cable
- Two (2) AA batteries
- Quick Guide