Manfrotto 460MG Magnesium Camera Head with Quick Release Plate
An innovative 3D Head unlike any other! Cast from lightweight magnesium, the head can be positioned in virtually any position to get the exact framing of the image. The lock-system using spring-loaded conical joints allows greater flexibility than any other 3D head whether mounted on a tripod centre column or lateral arm. The rubber grip knobs provide finger tip control and won’t poke you in the eye like conventional handles do. The 460Mg is the ideal head in combination with the MagFibre line for 35mm SLRs and medium format cameras, both digital and traditional. Camera attachment via the included 200PL quick release plate: 1/4". Optional Plates: 200PL-38, 200PLARCH-14, 200PLARCH-38.
- three separate axes of movement - panoramic rotation, front-back tilt and side tilt.
- materials, design and construction techniques have been carefully selected to help save weight without sacrificing stability or strength
- lightweight magnesium is used for die-cast parts. Magnesium has a density of 1.74g/cm3 as opposed to aluminum's 2.70g/cm3 - a 35% reduction. Despite its lower weight, magnesium is more rigid than aluminum, and has the same strength per volume.
- sturdy all-metal construction
- because you can turn your camera through more than 90° with this head, positioning and framing is flexible even if uneven terrain means the tripod isn't perfectly level, or if you're shooting with the column inverted or (in the case of PRO tripods) mounted horizontally