Manfrotto 458B Neotec Pro Photo Tripod
The fastest tripod in the world! Awesomely fast and easy to use, the 458B has the innovative Neotec rapid opening and closing mechanism - just pull each leg downwards to open and automatically lock it in any position, with no screws, knobs or levers to tighten or loosen. Then to fold it back up again, press the mechanism release button and push the leg closed. Combined with the 458B's high load capacity, great min-max height range and its full range of professional features, this makes it the ideal tripod for location work under pressure. The 458B has a built in carrying handle; a two-section centre column for low angle or normal shooting and four set leg angle positions. "Upside down" leg construction also stops the worst of the mud you're standing in from ending up inside the tripod.
- sturdy all-metal construction
- each of the legs can be set to a different angle of spread for more flexible, versatile positioning and to help keep camera equipment well-balanced over the tripod's center of gravity.
- the blocking force of the neotec is so great, we had to use special high-strength aluminum alloy tubing developed for aerospace applications to ensure it would be up to the task
- split center column allows easy and fast ground-level work
- the patented PRO model has a unique design which allows the center column to be used horizontally as an extending arm, or vertically (both right-way-up and upside-down). When used horizontally, it can be turned through 360° around the tripod, and is useful for macro work, low angle shooting, extreme balance points and off-centre work. This also makes the tripod a helpful accessory for chair-bound photographers, who can sit beside instead of behind the tripod, therefore much closer to the camera viewfinder.
- solid tripod/head plate has an industry standard 3/8" screw and three angled grub screws which stop the head from unscrewing accidentally in use and also block unwanted panoramic rotation or play between tripod and head
- four pre-set independent leg angles give the tripod great positioning flexibility and versatility, and allow all intermediate heights from the stated minimum to maximum levels to be reached. Stability is assured at all 4 angles by the spring-loaded step mechanism.
- the built-in, carefully hand-set bubble spirit level helps make sure your horizons really are horizontal
- included carrying handle makes the tripod more comfortable to transport and stays conveniently and unobtrusively attached during use