Gitzo Series 2 Mountaineer 6X Eye-level Tripod 4-SectionMountaineer 6X tripod - Series 2 Long with G-Locks
When Gitzo launched the Mountaineer tripods in 1994, they were the World’s first carbon fiber tripods. Ever since then they’ve set the standard for performance and quality. The main feature of the range is the new 6X carbon fiber tube, made of a unique structure of 6 crossed layers that maximises rigidity, vibration absorption and lightweight performance. 6X tube has a high density structure made of top quality ultra-thin carbon fibers (7µm or 0.007 mm). Built-in Anti Leg Rotation is now a feature of the whole carbon fiber range. Mountaineer tripods have been further improved with features and details that increase performance, versatility and quality.
Recommended for lightweight camcorders, spotting scopes and DSLRs with 200mm lenses, up to a 300mm maximum. Excellent maximum load capacity and good torsional rigidity, available in 3- and 4-section models at standard and eye level heights. Series 2 is the ideal solution for photographers that are looking for a solid tripod without sacrificing weight.
G-Lock is our leg locking system that increases system rigidity by 20% and allows quicker and stronger leg locking. We’ve added a solid machined aluminium upper disc with a new Safe Lock material that cuts vibration and improves grip between tripod and head. The upper disc can also be fitted directly to the upper casting, removing the center column for ground level photography or to save weight. All new Mountaineer tripods come with a convenient anti-dust bag for storage and packing.
- GROUND LEVEL SET This new feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4 - 3/8 bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook. No tools needed.
- G-LOCK G-Lock is the new Gitzo leg locking system. The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock’s special design also provides a “gravity lock” effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- RAPID COLUMN The center column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved center column for improved stability.
- REVERSIBLE COLUMN The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- ALR - We have introduced a new Anti Leg Rotation system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- HOOK This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizingweight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) fromthe bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with longheavy lenses, on uneven ground or in windy conditions.
- LEG ENDS All tripods and monopods in Series 1 and above are provided with removable rubber feet. This feature allows you to easily change worn out rubber feet or to fit other accessories, such as spiked feet or snow/sand shoes. (4 sections tripods in Series 1 are excluded because the final leg section is too narrow to fit these ends).
- POWER DISC The new tripod upper disc is called “Power Disc”. It is made of machined solid aluminum and it now features two locking screws, one to lock the head, the other to safely lock the disc onto the column. The “Power Disc” gives a rock solid connection of the whole system for additional safety and stability.