Panasonic AG-3DA1P 3D Camcorder
Twin-Lens Full HD 3D Camcorder
The AG-3DA1 is the world's first professional, fully-integrated, Full HD 3D camcorder that records to SD card media. The AG-3DA1 will democratize 3D production by giving professional videographers a more affordable, flexible, reliable and easier-to-use tool for capturing immersive content as well as providing a training tool for educators.
At less than 6.6 pounds, the AG-3DA1 is equipped with dual lenses and two full 1920 x 1080 2.07 megapixel 3-MOS imagers to record 1080/60i, 50i, 30p, 25p and 24p (native) and 720/60p and 50p in AVCHD. It can record for up to 180 minutes on dual 32GB SD cards in Panasonic's professional AVCHD PH mode, and offers professional interfaces including dual HD-SDI out, HDMI (version 1.4), two XLR connectors, built-in stereo microphone and twin-lens camera remotes.
This Full HD 3D camcorder will offer the following core benefits:
Easier to Use
Current 3D systems are large-scale setups in which two cameras are fitted to a rig in parallel, or vertically intersect across a half-mirror, and separate recorders are also required. In the AG-3DA1, the lenses, camera head, and a dual Memory Card recorder are integrated into a single, lightweight body. The camcorder also incorporates stereoscopic adjustment controls making it easier to use and operate.
The twin-lens system adopted in the camcorder's optical section allows the convergence point to be adjusted. Functions for automatically correcting horizontal and vertical displacement are also provided. Conventional 3D camera systems require these adjustments to be made by means of a PC or an external video processor. This new camcorder, however, will automatically recalibrate without any need for external equipment, allowing immediate 3D image capture.
The solid-state memory file-based recording system offers greater flexibility in producing Full HD 3D videos in more challenging shooting environments. The AG-3DA1 is smaller and lighter than current 3D rigs, providing the flexibility of hand-held-style shooting. Setup and transportation is simplified, making it ideal for sports, documentary and filmmaking projects.
Solid-State Reliability and Workflow
Right and left Full HD video streams of the twin-lens 3D camcorder can be recorded as files on SDHC / SD Memory Cards, ensuring higher reliability than on other tape, optical disc, HDD or other mechanical-based recording systems. This solid-state, no-moving-parts design will help to significantly reduce maintenance costs, and the AG-3DA1 will be better able to perform in extreme environments and be more resistant to temperature extremes, shock, and vibration.
Users will enjoy a fast, highly-productive file-based workflow, with instant, random access to recorded content; easy plug-in to both Mac and PC-based platforms, and longer recording capacity.
Using a standardized, fully integrated design, the AG-3DA1 is being offered at a much lower price than traditional 3D rigs. Transportation expenses for this hand-held unit will be less and faster setup times will reduce labor costs. Using standard, re-recordable SDHC / SD Memory Cards which are already available everywhere, media costs become almost insignificant.
- The two independent optical systems add flexibility to expressive 3D image recording.
- Automatic correction of left-eye/right-eye image deviation within the camera.
- Equipped with two 1/4.1-inch Approx. 2.07 megapixels MOS units for left-eye and right-eye images.
- The recording system uses AVCHD Pro high-image-quality PH mode. Full-HD left-eye and right-eye images are recorded in sync onto two SDHC Memory Cards.
- Switchable 59.94Hz/50Hz for worldwide recording capability.
- The lenses, camera head and recorder section are integrated into a compact body. Unlike a conventional rig-type 3D camera system, this model brings excellent flexibility and mobility to FULL HD 3D recording.
- Lightweight camera body weighs less than 2.8 kg (Approx. 6.17 lb.) for excellent mobility.
- Equipped with a 3.2-inch (16:9) side-mounted LCD monitor with approximately 921,000 dots and Left channel/Right channel/overlay switchable display.
- Equipped with HDMI 1.4 (frame and field sequential output) in addition to HD-SDI (x2, simultaneous).
- Built-in Stereo microphone.
- Provided with an XLR Audio input terminal for line-level recording in halls, studios, etc.
- Equipped with remote terminal for focus iris, zoom, REC start/stop, and convergence point.
- Auto REC function for control of REC start/stop of an external recorder connected by SDI.