LowelScandles Daylight Head
LowelScandles provides 200 Watt daylight or tungsten balanced illumination from eight 24 watt lamps, switched in pairs for quickly variable output. The fixture boasts a high efficiency output of 220 Fc at 5', when used with its supplied Collapsible Front Reflector. It can also use eight 18 Watt (7" length) compact fluorescent lamps.
It also has an auto-setting dual-voltage input, and a flicker-free high-efficiency internal ballast. LowelScandles is the first fluorescent fixture designed to be used with a chimera-style softbox. A rotating Universal Speed Ring is permanently installed on fixture for this purpose and will accept still or film/video softbox attachments by Plume, Chimera, Westcott, & Photoflex, among others. Further light control options are possible by way of a variety of custom accessory reflectors, designed for specific purposes.
LowelScandles is the result of a collaboration with noted lighting pioneer Gary Regester, whose original Scandles light has already made a name for itself in the imaging world.
Today's shooting arena requires the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions such as choosing daylight or tungsten and using harder or softer light. Format choices can easily range from High-Res Digital, to video or film, to whether you're shooting still or moving image. LowelScandles is the only multi-tasking fluorescent fixture designed for quick & easy choice of light size & quality, by quick change of accessories. Its unique cluster arrangement of lamps make it possible for adding accessories to shape and direct the output.
- 200 Watt daylight or tungsten balanced light output from 8 lamp cluster, switched in pairs for easy variable output
- Uses either eight 24 Watt (12" length) or eight 18 Watt (8" length) compact fluorescent lamps
- mfg. avg life: 10,000 hrs
- 90+CRI lamps available in 5300 and 3000°K
- High efficiency output: 50 lumen/Watt
- Auto-setting dual-voltage input (120/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz), flicker-free high efficiency internal ballast (39 kHz)
- ETL/CSA Approved.
- Installed Universal Rotating Softbox Speed-Ring
- Quick attachment accessories include:
- Collapsible Cone Intensifier with Front Diffuser
- Aluminum Side Reflector (adjustable for increased light control),
- Special purpose Aluminum Cone Reflector for studio application