According to Sony, the a9 is the most technologically advanced, innovative digital camera they have ever created.
The new a9 offers a level of imaging performance that is simply unmatched by any other camera - mirrorless, SLR or otherwise. It features the world's first full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2 MP2 resolution. Plus, it offers continuous shooting at up to 20fps, 693 point focal plane phase detection AF points with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second, silent vibration-free shooting, and more.
- 24.2-megapixel2 35 mm full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory
- BIONZ X image processing engine
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 20fps4 with AF/AE tracking
- 693-point wide-area phase-detection AF
- 5-axis image stabilisation with effectiveness equivalent to 5.0-stop19 slower shutter speed