Designed, engineered and manufactured in Switzerland
The ZOOM ACTION head offers unique super short flash duration with a user replaceable single, twin electrode flash tube to ensure even light distribution.
Further this head offers a microprocessor controlled, low noise fan cooling system, a new included transparent glass dome, a new user replaceable plug-in flash tube and a zoom function for the modelling lamp and flash tube, to obtain individual results when used with reflectors or a wide and even light distribution for Rotalux softboxes. The zoom function is accessible from both sides of the head housing. The new housing is rock solid and lightweight with a large rubberised handle.
Characteristics and Features
- The Zoom Action offers a 40 – 45% shorter flash duration compared to standard omega (horse shoe type) flash tubes. The single, twin electrode flash tube ensures an even light distribution.
- Small UV coated flash tube diameters for short flash durations and better subject control.
- New user replaceable plug-in flash tube.
- Now with included transparent, security glass dome. Satin /matt glass domes are optional available.
- Efficient built-in reflector, with a 90° light distribution to maximise softbox performance, in addition there is a zoom function for flash tube and modelling lamp for a individual wider or more focussed light beam when used with reflectors.
- Reflector-bayonet with breech locking ring, fits all Elinchrom reflectors since 1974. Huge EL-Reflector and ROTALUX softbox range.
- Centred umbrella fitting with additional umbrella holder at the tilt head.
- Efficient low noise fan cooling. The fan spins slowly at low temperatures and fast when the head heats up.
- Illuminated on/off modelling lamp switch, with overheat LED indication, which shuts off the modelling lamp until the head cooled down.
- Aluminium chassis with fire resistant housing.
- Extremely lightweight, only 2.3 kg, including the 5 m heavy-duty flash cable.
- The Zoom Heads can be either used with 110 V or 230 V Elinchrom power packs. Just the Halogen modelling lamp must conform to the correct voltage.
Mfr item: 20193