High Flexibility Meets Maximum Quality
The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the latest members of the ZEISS family of lenses for digital and film cameras. This second generation of the Compact Prime lenses now delivers even greater flexibility by introducing interchangeable mounts that allow the lenses to be used with a wide range of cameras from traditional cine to HDSLR systems. This new generation also offers a wide choice of lenses – from wide-angle to telephoto lenses (18 to 100 mm, including a 50 mm macro lens). Affordable, flexible, yet of the highest quality, the new Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are a valuable edition to any film set and any level of cinematographic equipment.
The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the world’s first cine lenses designed for use with HDSLR cameras. The interchangeable mount guarantees high flexibility for present and future use in any situation and for a wide range of camera platforms.
Ready for the Future
The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses cover a full-frame image format without vignetting. Combined with the interchangeable mount, the Compact Prime CP.2 offers the possibility to upgrade to any number of existing or future cine and still cameras while still utilizing the same set of lenses.
Unique 14-Blade Iris
The iris opening of the Compact Prime CP.2 lenses is created by 14 high precision blades. It stays consistently round and symmetrical over the entire T-stop range. This translates into natural and pleasing out-of-focus highlights and a smooth bokeh. Together they help create and capture special moments on film.
High Optical Performance
The modern lens design as well as the cine manufacturing process and tight tolerances ensure low distortion, high resolution and excellent color rendition for sharp, punchy images.
High Flexibility Meets Full-Frame Coverage (24 x 36 mm)
With its long history in both photo and cine lenses, Carl Zeiss is dedicated to supporting filmmakers and allowing them to
benefit from the highest possible image quality in any situation. The new Compact Prime CP.2 lenses offer professional quality
on a budget and have been designed for both film cameras and the emerging generation of digital motion picture cameras.
Covering the Super 35 as well as the full-frame still format, makes these lenses a safe investment for the future.
Made For The Set
Switching between traditional film, digital PL cine cameras and HDSLR cameras is no longer an issue. The improved functionality of Compact Prime CP.2 lenses means better ergonomics compared to standard SLR lenses. The Compact Prime CP.2 lenses will be based around a common aperture of T2.1 for the standard set – an improvement compared to the first generation lenses. With precision and speed – Compact Prime CP.2 lenses are the perfect tool for Independent filmmakers, professional still photographers expanding their services or large studios using HDSLR equipment as a second camera unit for TV and film productions.
High Flexibility Meets A Wide Range
Combined with new interchangeable mounts and a wide product range, the Compact Prime CP.2 lenses maximize ease of use. Changing the lenses is now fast and easy and offers great flexibility, regardless of the camera equipment used.
- Allows a mix of HDSLR systems with traditional cine cameras, for maximum flexibility on set
- No need for adapter solutions anymore
- Three different mounts available (PL, EF and F mount)
- Full-frame coverage (24 x 36 mm) for focal lengths 21 to 100 mm
- Common aperture of T2.1 for the standard lens set
- Sweet spot effect with APS-C sensors
- High resolution and contrast
- Low distortion
- Color matched
- standard housing dimensions
- standard focus and iris gear positions
- consistent front diameter
- robust construction
- longer focus rotation and a manual focus
- stable exposure due to manual operated aperture
|Aperture Range||T 2.9 to T 22|
|Close Focus Distance1||0.24 m / 10‘‘|
|HORIZONTAL ANGLE OF VIEW|
|ANSI Super 352||60.9°|
|Length5||80 mm / 3.15‘‘|
|Front diameter||114 mm / 4.5“|
|Weight||1.0 kg / 2.2 lbs|
2. Horizontal angle of view for an ANSI Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 18.7 mm x 24.9 mm / 0.980“ x 0.7362“)
3. Horizontal angle of view for a full-frame camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.5, dimensions 24 mm x 36 mm / 0.944“ x 1,4173“).
4. Horizontal angle of view for a Normal 35 Academy camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.37, dimensions 22 mm x 16 mm / 0.8661“ x 0.6299“).
5. Front to mount flange