TetherPro Premium SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Active Extension Cables are the latest technology available for the fastest and most reliable transfers.
Passive USB 3.0 cables over 16ft.(5m) in length, for the purpose of data transmission, may result in signal errors and/or noise and are not recommended. An active USB extension and one passive 15′ (4.6m) USB can be daisy-chained together for a total of 30 feet (10m) before any drop-off in signal or quality is detected.
The TetherPro SuperSpeed USB 3.0 extension cable, available in 16 foot (5m) length, is an active extension device. Active extension cables allow for longer tethering distances without worrying about signal errors or corrupt data transfers.
Designed to the highest USB specifications to filter out signal noise and reduce transmission errors, all cables are fully shielded to protect against external signal interference. With an active USB device, signals and data transfers going in and out of the extension cable are buffered to ensure consistent signal quality, meeting USB’s highest electrical and timing specifications.
Set-up is simple, just plug the male end of the 16' (5m) Active Extension into your computer and then plug your camera or other device’s USB cable into the female end of this extension cable so the repeater is closest to the device, not the computer.
- SuperSpeed USB has a 5 Gbps signaling rate offering 10x performance increase over Hi-Speed USB.
- Integrated Sync-N-Go technology which minimizes user wait-time.
- Optimized Power Efficiency. No device polling and lower active and idle power requirements.
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Devices interoperate with USB 2.0 platforms. Hosts support USB 2.0 legacy devices.
- Tether Tools TetherPro USB 3.0 Active Extension 16' Orange
|Cable type||USB 3.0 Active Extension|