- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Wireless controller for the E-TTL wireless autoflash system. It can control up to two Speedlite 550EX slave groups in one of four channels. The flash ratio between the two groups can also be controlled. The wireless transmitter range is about 15-20 m/49-66 ft. indoors and 8-10 m/33 ft. outdoors at a vertical angle of ± 39°. Under low-light or low-contrast conditions it emits an AF-assist beam linked to the EOS-3's 45 focusing points.
- Type: 550EX-dedicated, clip-on Speedlite transmitter with direct contacts
- Compatible Cameras: Type A EOS cameras (E- TTL, autoflash); Type B EOS cameras (Manual flash)
- Channels: 4
- Flash Ratio Control: For A:B ratio: 1:8 to 8:1, in half- step increments or 13 steps
- High- Speed Sync (FP flash): Enabled with high-speed sync mode
- Slave Operation Confirmation: With test transmission button.
*Slave A fires followed by slave B at 1/64 output.
- Flash Exposure Confirmation:
- Before flash fires during FE lock Adequate flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon lit in the viewfinder. Insufficient flash exposure indicated by the flash exposure level icon blinking in the viewfinder.
- After flash fires ST-E2's flash confirmation lamp lights in green for 3 sec.
- Wireless slave SE mode cancellation: Cancels when the test transmission button or FE lock botton is pressed to turn on the slave unit.
- Wireless Transmission: Infrared pulse
- Transmission Range: Indoors: Approx. 12-15 meters/39.4 - 49.2 ft; Outdoors: Approx. 8-10/ 26.2-32.8 ft
- Transmission Coverage: ±40° horizontal and ±30° vertical
- Battery Life: Approx. 1,500 transmissions (At room temperature and with a new set of batteries)
- AF-assist Beam: Compatible with EOS-3's 45-point Area AF and 28mm and longer lens focal lengths
- AF-assist Beam Effective Range: Approx. 0,6 to 10 m/2.0 to 16.5 ft along the periphery (in total darkness).
- SE Feature: While the power switch is set to I or HOLD, the transmission turns off automatically after about 90 sec. of non-use.
- Power Source: 2CR5 lithium (6V) battery x 1
- Dimensions: 62 (W) x 51 (H) x 80 (D) mm/2,4 (W) x 3,1 (D) in
- Weight: 100 g/ 3.5 oz (excluding battery)
Questions & Answers
Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E2
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.