- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Rent this for: $25/day Learn More
The AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED has been developed in response to the growing enthusiasm towards Nikon's D1-series and D100 digital SLR cameras, and in recognition of the market's interest in and need for wider-picture-angle high-performance optics for digital SLR photography.
- The AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm* f/4G IF-ED is the first lens in the new DX Nikkor series. It features ultra-wideangle zoom capability, ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and Nikon's exclusive built-in SWM (Silent Wave Motor). *2X zoom ratio and variable picture angle (angle of view) from 99° at 12mm to 61° at 24mm.
- The lens is targeted at professional and advanced amateur Nikon D-SLR users who demand both the advantages of high optical performance and ultra-wideangle focal range.
- Compact and lightweight, the AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED is an ultra-wideangle 2x zoom lens with focal length starting at 12mm for greater wideangle covering power.
- The lens incorporates two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and three aspherical lens elements in a new optical design, effectively minimizing chromatic aberration and significantly reducing distortion.
- For fast, quiet Autofocus operation, the lens comes equipped with Nikon's exclusive SWM (Silent Wave Motor). And the rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural. This G-type Nikkor lens is designed with no aperture rings, and offers easier, virtually mistake-free operation because the aperture does not need to be set to minimum.
* It is not recommended to use DX Nikkor lenses with 35mm (135) or IX240 format.
Focal length and Picture angle
When Nikkor lenses originally designed for the 35mm (135) format are used on the Nikon digital format, photographers believe that the lens' focal length is increased by a factor of 1.5. For example, a 12-24mm lens would become a 18-36mm lens. Technically, that is not correct. In fact, there is no change of focal length as you switch the lens from one format to the other. The actual change is that the picture angle of the lens is narrowed on the digital format because the digital format is smaller in relation to the lens' image circle projected on the sensor. Focal length and reproduction ratio remain constant for the comparable viewed portions of the image. It is the picture angle that changes.
The new DX Nikkor lens' true focal length is 12-24mm with a picture angle that will vary from 99° at 12mm to 61° at 24mm.
The combination of reduced picture angle and a smaller image circle enabled the creation of the first compact, lightweight ultra-wideangle DX Nikkor lens.
- Front & Rear Caps
- HB-23 Lens Hood
- 5-Year Warranty
AF-S 12-24mm f/4.0 G IF-ED DX Nikkor Wide Angle Zoom
|Lens Construction||11 elements in 7 groups|
|Lens Drive||Silent Wave Motor|
|Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Lens||2 Elements|
|Aspherical Lens||3 Elements|
|Focusing||Internal Focusing (IF) Type|
|Minumum Shooting Distance||11.8 in|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1/8.3|
|Minimum F Stop||22|
|Aperture Blades||7 blades (rounded)|
|Lens Hood||HB-23 (Supplied)|
(Diameter x Length
|Approx. 3.2 in x 3.5 in|
Questions & Answers
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4.0 G IF-ED Lens
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.