- Toronto On Order
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton In Stock
* Please note that delivery times may vary, as this item cannot be shipped below freezing temperatures.
PremierArt’s Eco Print Shield
Water based protective coating, best for canvas.
This non hazardous coating will waterproof the canvas, protect the print from light, ozone, and VOC’s, is non-yellowing, and best of all, will not crack when stretched. Stretching canvas for the popular gallery wraps puts tremendous strain on the canvas and results in cracking on the edges. Eco Print Shield cross-links in the inkjet receiver layer, creating a pliable bond that resists cracking.
- Water Based
- Non Cracking Formula
- Ozone and water resistant
- Non Yellowing
- Abrasion Resistant
- Non Toxic
Available in popular matte, satin and gloss finishes. Application in liquid form, it can be rolled or sprayed using an HVLP spray gun. Eco Print Shield has been certified by Wilhelm as actually increasing the lightfastness of prints, and is recommended by Epson and HP. Applications include: Fine Art Photography, Giclèe Reproduction, Portrait Photography, Wedding Photography & Fine Art.
The Red Wine Test
Premier Imaging wanted to test just how durable the Eco Print Shield coating was with canvas. Thinking of one of the toughest stains to get out of anything, they looked happily to red wine. They decided to spill a hearty Cabernet Sauvignon on a half coated, and half uncoated canvas.
Twenty-four hours later, as you can see in Photo 1, the wine on the Eco Print Shield coated side stayed on top of the coating. As expected, the wine on the uncoated half was absorbed into the ink jet receiver layer.
Taking a sponge, the Premier Imaging folks wiped both stains. The side coated with Eco print shield easily wiped clean, while the uncoated side had no noticeable effect (Photo 2). The stain is permanent. In fact, the wine stain was so strong, it stained the sponge!
- Environmentally friendly, water-based protective coating.
- Specifically engineered for InkJet Water resistant medias Approved by Wilhelm Research, Epson and HP
- Available in quarts and gallons.
- Manufactured in a Gloss, Satin and Matte finishes.
- Utilizes a unique combination of acrylic resins with a new cross-linking technology.
- Increases light fastness.
- Seals the print and protects water resistant ink jet media from moisture, humidity, atmospheric contaminants, abrasion and fingerprints.
- Non-toxic/ non-hazardous and will not ignite nor cause spontaneous combustion.
Non Cracking Formula:
Questions & Answers
Premier Imaging Products ECO Print Shield Sample Kit- 3 Aqueous Coatings + Roller Kit 8 oz Gloss, 4 oz Satin, 4 oz Matte
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.