The Acratech GV2 Ballhead is uniquely designed to function both as a ballhead and as a Gimbal head.
Traditional ballhead designs work well for most photography but when longer lenses with tripod collars are used; it can be difficut to control them. In the past it was necessary to carry a separate Gimbal head or Gimbal attachment for your ballhead. The Acratech GV2 Ballhead solves this problem by functioning as a Gimbal head simply by rotating the ball into the Gimbal slot on the side of the ballhead. Acratech put a bushing on the stem of the ball and a pin on the bottom of the ball to provide smooth rotation. It provides total ease of use and freedom of movement. The Ultimate GV2 Ballhead works well with lenses up to a 400 4.0.
- Weighs less than 1 lb (.45kg) with quick release clamp.
- Easily holds over 25 lbs (11.4kg) at any angle.
- Full movements allow any camera position.
- Precision C.N.C. machined.
- Shown with left side controls (right side available).
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, R.R.S., and many other QR plates.
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish.
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads).
- Engraved degree markings.
- Solid precision feel.
- Made in U.S.A.
- Ball will not shift when tightened.
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris.
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off.
30 lb Weight Test
*Please Note: Quick release plate not included.
Quick release clamp
Questions & Answers
Acratech Inc. GV2 Ball Head
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.