Typically, tilting the axis of a camera can result in a misrepresentation of perspective. A Perspective Control lens’ ability to fine-tune perspective and focus elements virtually eliminates these issues, an essential function for architectural and interior photographers.
The same features that make this lens excellent for architectural photography also provide nature and landscape photographers with an essential means to better control perspective, allowing them to capture nature's beauty more accurately and naturally. Additionally, the 24mm PC lens enables professional product photographers to sight just the right shooting angles on reflective objects without capturing their own reflection in the process.
A special tilt/shift mechanism gives users up to +/- 11.5 mm shift and +/- 8.5-degree tilt for perspective control. When shooting with a conventional lens, some objects, such as tall trees and buildings, can be challenging to photograph due to rectilinear distortion and converging lines that warp perspective. The 24mm Perspective Control lens corrects this issue with convenient side-mounted controls at 1mm / 1-degree intervals that will adjust the focal plane with shift and tilt adjustments. The lens optics can also be rotated up to 90 degrees right or left for perspective control adjustment, while a click-stop is provided every 30 degrees. Importantly, photographers can see the effect of every adjustment accurately through their Nikon SLR viewfinder.
In addition to providing linear perspective correction, the 24mm PC lens has unique characteristics that make it well suited for a variety of tasks and offers a wide angle-of-view combined with dramatic depth-of-field control potential, perfect for capturing stunning landscapes. To further control the image, users can quickly adjust aperture with a stop-down button, or with the aperture ring. These same characteristics also make the 24mm PC lens a great choice for close-up macro work, with a minimum focusing distance of 0.7 feet and the ability to fine tune focus with perspective control.
The PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED lens features the new “E” designation, which denotes an electromagnetic diaphragm that automatically controls aperture with the latest Nikon D-SLR cameras. Three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements provide superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, while three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration. In addition to the Nikon Super Integrated coating that delivers superior color reproduction, Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat helps to virtually eliminate any remaining instances of ghosting and flare.
- Ultra-wide, Perspective Control (PC) lens featuring tilt, shift and rotation capability, perfect for architectural and nature photography.
- Wide shifting range, plus or minus 11.5mm, with a tilting range of plus or minus 8.5 degrees.
- Revolving capability of plus or minus 90 degrees for versatile tilt/shift shooting effects.
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration. Three aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration even at the widest aperture.
- Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity. High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED lens
- HB-41 Bayonet Hood
- CL-1120 Flexible Lens Pouch
|Lens Construction||13 elements in 10 groups (with three ED glass elements, three aspherical lenses, one with Nano Crystal Coat)|
|Picture Angle||84° (maximum 101° when fully shifted)|
|Minimum Shooting Distance||0.7 ft./0.21m Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:2.7|
|Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 3.2 x 4.3 in (82.5 x 108mm)|
|Weight||Approximately 25.7 oz/ 730 g.|
|Supplied Accessories||HB-41 Bayonet Hood, CL-1120 Flexible Lens Pouch|
Questions & Answers
Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5 D ED Lens
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.