The PC-E NIKKOR lens series features a tilt/shift mechanism that alters the relation between the optical axis of the lens and the image plane, thereby enabling Perspective Control (PC). This function is ideal for architecture and product photography.
Incorporating an electromagnetic diaphragm, these lenses provide auto aperture control when used with SLRs that feature an electronically controlled aperture for improved operation. Additionally, Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat with extra-low refractive index coating effectively reduces ghosting and flare to provide sharper, clearer images. This contributes to the superior optical performance of these lenses to realize outstanding image reproduction capability.
Perspective Control with tilt/shift function
All PC-E NIKKOR lenses with Perspective Control capability incorporate a tilt/shift mechanism. The shift mechanism enables the lens to be moved parallel to the image plane, so that subjects such as a tall building can be captured without the upper part appearing thinner.
The tilt mechanism changes the orthogonal relationship between the optical axis of the lens and the image plane, allowing photographers to control the focused area. In landscape photography, photographers can achieve a focus throughout the entire subject plane from near to distant. They can also focus on a specific part of the subject for emphasis.
In actual shooting situations, the shift and tilt mechanisms are used together to adjust perspective, distortion of the subject and focus area.
Exclusive Canadian Warranty
Nikon Canada offers an exclusive five-year warranty for all NIKKOR lenses purchased from a Nikon Canada authorized dealer. Consumer’s investment is protected by Nikon Canada’s warranties with in-Canada service.
- Micro PC lens with normal 45mm focal length (PC-E 45mm) =
- Close-up shooting at up to 1/2x reproduction ratio
- Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces ghosting and flare caused by backlighting, etc.
- ED glass element delivers high-resolution, clear images (PC-E 45mm)
- Electromagnetic diaphragm provides auto aperture control when used with the D3s, D300s, or D700
- Wide tilt and shift range (tilt: ±8.5°; shift ±11.5mm) enables hand-held tilt/shift photography, virtually impossible with a large-film-format view camera
- ±90° lens revolving capability for versatile tilt/shift effects
- Nine-blade rounded diagram for rounded, natural blur
- High optical performance not only for tilt/shift photography but also for general shooting
- Dust- and moisture-resistant for reliable use even in harsh shooting situations
* “PC” in the lens name stands for Perspective Control
** Some functions will be limited when used with cameras other than the D3s, D300s, or D700
*** Cannot be used with the F70D, F60D, F55, F50D, F-401 series, F-801 series, F-601, F3AF, F-501, PRONEA S, or other manual focus cameras
- PC-E Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/2.8D lens
- 77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77
- Rear Lens Cap LF-1
- Bayonet Hood HB-43
- Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120
|Filter Length||45 mm|
|Lens Construction||9 elements in 8 groups (with one ED glass element)|
|Picture Angle||51° (maximum 66° when fully shifted)|
|Closest Focus Distance||0.253 m|
|Minimum Reproduction Ratio||1/2|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded)|
|Filter/Attachment Size||77 mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approx. 82.5 x 112 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 740 g|
|Supplied Accessories||77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-43, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1120|
Questions & Answers
Nikon PC-E NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8 D ED Lens
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.