These rings allow the use of Cinevate's DURUS Follow Focus unit with virtually every lens and camera combination on the planet, and carry a lifetime warranty!
Changes from the older Cinevate design - other than the drastic reduction in cost (we've made a very large quantity) - are as follows.
1. They offer over twice the lens travel distance of the current design.
2. The gears are fiber-reinforced composite and use brass thread inserts.
3. The "spokes" (stainless steel) now feature custom integrated nylon tips. Please note: spokes have to be ordered separately.
4. Enlarged inner diameter for easier use with ENG lenses, larger cine lenses and video camera stock lenses. They now fit the Fujinon lenses used with the HPX500, LOMO cine lenses and anything else we could dig up to test them on. They're shown here on the 24-70 Canon f2.8D lens.
5. About 50% lighter with a 40% reduction in profile.
6. Because they are matched (we're talking gear thrust surfaces) precisely with Cinevate's FF drive gears, they have what I'd call perfect engagement that is silent, with lash near zero measurable. What this means is super smooth, self-lubricating and silent performance that we would be completely comfortable holding up against much more expensive systems
7. Installation is now much, much quicker. About 2 minutes per lens.
8. Cinevate doesn't use zip gears. Flexible gears cannot guarantee consistent tooth profiles (tooth distance at tip varies as you flex them), nor can they ever handle full 360 degree rotation. They're cheap and can be made in one mold (very cheap to make) however Cinevate pretty much rejected the concept from day one.
Questions & Answers
Cinevate Follow Focus Gear Ring
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.