- Call for Availability in Calgary
- Calgary In Stock
Varizoom's proprietary handle & gimbal design can either be unlocked as a fluid gimbal for floating stabilizer shots or locked inline for stationary monopod shots. The slim design and narrow base allow the shooter to hold the CrossFire FP close to the body, relieving stress and enabling tight maneuvers in the most varied circumstances.
- Tripod heights from 20" to 69"
- Precision Vertical Balance System: Clean and accurate counter balance system w/ multiple options for vertical balance adjustment - sliding tripod position for coarse adjustment, inline stainless weights for medium adjustment, sliding quick-adjust ring weights (one thumbscrew adjustment) for fine-tuning, inline microweights for ultra-fine adjustment.
- Precision X-Y Horizontal Balance System: Professional Quick-Release Plate adapted with smooth fore-aft adjustment and keyed lateral adjustment for no-twist, no-bind balance setting
- Locking handle w/ NEW tough, no-slip grip allows fluid turns, pans, and tilts in stabilizer & low modes or rock solid stationary shots in tripod mode
- Balancing plate and tripod (included) function as a docking/balancing stand, either in combination as a freestanding unit or the balancing plate will attach to any table or horizontal flat plane up to 2" thick
- Includes Padded Carrying Case
- Optional low mode kit for stabilized low-angle shots also allows for attachment of TFT monitor for easier viewing
- Upgradable with either DV Sportster or Navigator arm/vest systems for 6-in-1 functionality
- Optional XFFP-WK weight kit recommended for cameras over 7 lbs or for increased flexibility in balancing cameras in Lite Mode
The CrossFire FP and DSLRs
The CrossFire FP works brilliantly with DSLR cameras like the Canon 5D Mark II, as well as the popular 7D, 1D Mark IV, and Rebel T2i. The CrossFire FP handles several of your shooting needs with one tool - tall tripod, stabilizer, low-angle stabilizer, low-angle fixed mount, and it's even upgradable to a fully-supported arm/vest stabilizer system. For the still photography enthusiast, there is even an optional 3-axis photo ball-head accessory to turn the tripod section into a professional photo tripod when it isn't being used for video.
VariZoom CrossFire FP in Tripod Mode: Unrivaled Multi-Function Capability
The VariZoom CrossFire FP offers a significant advantage over all other handheld stabilizers with its tripod mode. Capable of heights up to 69" and as low as 20", the tripod mode allows you to keep shooting without having to switch between stabilizer and tripod. The ultra-light tripod legs are sturdy and compact with a built-in leveling bubble. Additionally, the tripod can be separated from the stabilizer section, allowing you to use the stabilizer in Lite Mode and use the tripod as a separate docking stand.
VariZoom CrossFire FP in Low-Flow Mode
Only the FlowPod and CrossFire FP allow Low-Flow shots from a handheld stabilizer, and with Varizoom's patented system, the camera operator is able to adjust the camera to any desired height off the ground or can even adjust to levels below the operator's feet. The advantage of the CrossFire FP over the FlowPod, however, is that the tripod is removed and doubles as a docking/balancing stand in Low Mode, allowing you to dock the unit during setup and also operate the system as a fixed low-angle, pan-capable mount only inches from the ground.
- Stabilizer w/ removable tripod and quick-release camera plate
- carrying case
- 2 stainless in-line counterweights
- 2 sliding stainless ring counterweights
- balancing plate
|Camera Weight Range||0.35-9 lbs overall
Lite Mode = 0.35-1.8 lbs as equipped or 0.35-5lbs w/ optional XFFP-WK kit
Full Mode = 5-9 lbs as equipped or 2-9 lbs w/ optional weight plate
|Counterweights||Inline Weights 2 x 0.22 lbs, Collar Weights 2 x 0.14 lbs|
|Min/Max Tripod Height||20" / 69"|
|Min Length||Lite Mode = 24" / Full Mode = 31"|
|Weight||Lite Mode = 3 lbs / Full Mode = 5.5 lbs|
Questions & Answers
Varizoom Handheld Stabilizer/Tripod for Cameras up to 9lbs.
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.