The ultra-lightweight Canon 270EX II Speedlite is a compact, high-performance flash unit designed for the evolving EOS enthusiast. Developed for fun and easy flash shooting, when used with select Canon EOS DSLR cameras that have a master function, the Speedlite 270EX II can be used as a versatile wireless slave flash. This Speedlite can also be used with other compact digital camera models equipped with a dedicated flash shoe mount. User-friendly in both function and design, the 270EX II Speedlite flash's Tele/Wide function easily and elegantly allows adjustment of illumination angle and guide number to match shooting conditions. On your photographic journey, the Canon 270EX II Speedlite is primed to be there at every step.
- Ultra-compact, ultra-lightweight, high-performance flash unit.
- Vertical bounce capability up to 90 degrees provides a wide range of picture-taking options.
- Flash coverage can be switched between Normal (28mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 72 ft./22m at ISO 100) and Tele (50mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 89 ft./27m at ISO 100).
- Slave function allows the flash to be triggered wirelessly (when used with an EOS DSLR with a master function).
- Flash release function triggers the camera wirelessly from the flash on a 2-second delay, allowing the flash to be repositioned to illuminate the subject.
|Flash Type||On-camera, E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash Speedlite|
|Compatible Cameras||Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)|
|Flash Coverage||EF lens: 28mm/50mm
EF-S lens: 17.5mm/31.3mm
|Recycling Time||1) Normal flash: Approx. 0.1 - 3.9 sec. / Lamp lights
2) Quick flash: Approx. 0.1 - 2.6 sec. / Lamp blinks at 8 Hz (with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries)
|Flash Range||Normal Flash
High-speed sync (at 1/250 sec.)
|AF Assist Beam||Intermittent flash firing system
At center: Approx. 13.1 ft./4m
Periphery: Approx. 11.5 ft./3.5m (in total darkness)
Compatible with model EOS 5D Mark II and later. Available via firmware update for: EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, and EOS Rebel XS.
|Bounce / Swivel||Up: 60°, 75°, 90°|
|Custom Functions||1) C.Fn-01: Auto power off (Enabled/Disabled)
2) C.Fn-06: Quick flash w/continuous shot (Disabled/Enabled)
3) C.Fn-10: Slave auto power off timer (60 minutes/10 minutes)
4) C.Fn-11: Slave auto power off cancel (Within 8 hours/within 1 hour)
|Transmission Range||Reception of all channels via light pulse signal reception on the master unit|
|Reception Angle||±45° horizontally and ±25° vertically, facing the transmitter on the master unit|
|Power Source||Two AA-size/LR6 Alkaline Batteries|
|Dimensions||2.6 x 2.6 x 3.0 in./ 65.8 x 65.2 x 77mm|
|Weight||5.5 oz./155g (without batteries)|
Questions & Answers
Canon Speedlite 270EX II
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.