This item is unavailble
This page is here for your reference.
The Sony PDW-U2 USB 3.0 XDCAM disc drive is an external drive for conveying media to and from all XDCAM Professional discs, whether SD or HD, single-, dual- or even quad-layer. The drive sits on your desk either horizontally or vertically and connects to your computer via USB 3.0, for extremely high data transfer speeds. (USB 3.0 is also backwards-compatible with USB 2.0, for compatibility with older systems.)
The PDW-U2 features a dual-channel head system that puts two optics on one head to achieve much faster read and write speeds compared to previous-generation technology: reading is 2.6x faster, and write speed is 1.5x higher. For its speed, media compatibility, compact size, and convenient connection interface, the drive is well-suited for any edit suite or logging/transfer station.
- Handles files in all formats: XDCAM HD422, XDCAM HD, and XDCAM SD
- Direct access to files on Sony XDCAM Professional Disc media from a USB-connected PC
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface – backwards-compatible with high-speed USB 2.0 interface
- Handles quad-layer write-once (PFD-128QLW) in addition to dual-layer disc (PFD-50DLA) and single-layer disc (PFD-23A)
- High capacity and a new workflow via quad-layer, write-once media support. The quad-layer disc offers over four hours of recording of HD422 (50 Mb/s) material, which means you can reduce your facility's cost-per-media-capacity and even use memory media material as storage media
- High-speed read/write with the newly developed two-channel, single-head DCHS drive. Read 2.6x faster and write 1.5x faster than the previous-generation drive with single-/dual-layer discs
- Small and light form factor – can be operated either horizontally or vertically
- Data file recording using a User Data folder
- Up to 333 Mb/s read speed
- Sony PDW-U2 USB 3.0 XDCAM Disc Drive
- XDCAM Application Software CD-ROM
- PDW-U2 CD-ROM
- AC Adapter
- USB 3.0 Cable
- Limited Warranty
|Interface||SuperSpeed USB 3.0|
MPEG HD422 (50 Mb/s)
MPEG HD (35/25/18 Mb/s)
MPEG IMX (50/40/30 Mb/s)
DVCAM (25 Mb/s)
MPEG HD422: 8-channel / 24 bits / 48 kHz
MPEG HD: 4/2-channel / 16 bits / 48 kHz
MPEG IMX: 8-channel / 16 bits / 48 kHz, or 4-channel / 24 bits / 48 kHz
DVCAM: 4-channel / 16 bits / 48 kHz
A-law: 8/4/2-channel / 8 bits / 8 kHz
|Read Speed||Up to 333 Mb/s|
|Power Requirement||12V DC (AC adapter supplied)|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104 °F (5 to 40 °C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 140 °F (-20 to 60 °C)|
|Operating Humidity||20-90% (relative humidity)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||6.5 x 2.7 x 8.6" (164 x 67.4 x 219mm)|
|Weight||3.75 lb (1.7 kg)|
Questions & Answers
Sony PDW-U2 Professional Disc Drive
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.