- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Lease this for: $90.50 Learn More
i1Basic Pro 2 combines world-class hardware and software to deliver the ultimate professional level color management for imaging pros.
- NEW i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer. The most accurate and forward thinking profiling device available today – bringing a new level of accuracy, reliability, versatility and ease of use, it delivers an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- i1Profiler Software for Monitors and Projectors. The latest release of i1Profiler software features basic and advanced modes for professionally calibrated and profiled monitors and projectors, including new presets for video production workflows. Also includes display and printer quality assurance functions.
- PANTONE® Color Manager. Easily capture and manage spot colors, and keep your PANTONE libraries up to date with this color palette creation and swatch bridging software.
i1Basic Pro 2 is designed for imaging professionals who rely on accurate color for their monitors and projectors, who want to track and verify monitor and print quality, and capture spot color measurement. i1Basic Pro 2 includes:
- The extraordinary new i1Pro 2 Spectrophotometer
- The latest release of i1Profiler Software
- PANTONE Color Manager Software
- All-new, more robust i1 accessories: Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case
i1PRO 2 DEVICE
The most accurate, versatile and reliable profiling device available today
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 2 features the next generation of our industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization.
- New illuminant design allows for 3 standard measurement conditions (ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut) plus Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) without changing filters or needing a second instrument and ensures your investment well into the future.
- Enhanced Optical Brightener Compensation allows for the most accurate profiling for today’s enhanced range of substrates. Now users can predict what colors printed on optically brightened paper will look like under both standard and specific light conditions using a single hand-held device.
- Positioning Detection Sensor provides a more robust scanning experience even on special substrates and low-resolution printers. It allows for the measurement of smaller patch sizes (as low as 7mm) in manual mode saving time and money on consumables and enabling dual measurement workflows for OBC, M1 and M2.
- New Status LED guides users through the measurement process and provides feedback on device status, improving the user experience and saving time.
- New Design Ergonomics throughout allows for greater usability, flexibility, cleaning, protection, and storage of the precision i1Pro 2 device, assuring the highest level of reliability and productivity.
- Better temperature stability and higher brightness levels improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- All new diagnostics and self-correction features
- Built-in wavelength calibration technology allows for self-diagnosis of optical grating in relation to sensor during white calibration (with automatic correction and notifications) eliminating worry about your device’s measurement accuracy.
- Maintaining and protecting the device (and investment) is easier than ever
- Self-cleanable aperture protection glass and calibration white tile cover provides additional built-in protection from dust and dirt keeping your device working at top performance at all times.
- XRGA equipped
- i1Pro 2 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it quicker and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain is reliable and repeatable.
i1Profiler, based upon X-Rite’s i1Prism color engine, offers an unprecedented level of flexibility and features a number of unique color management capabilities adding power and control in creating professional quality profiles. You can choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface; or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface to create high quality, precise, custom color profiles for monitors and projectors.
i1Profiler unique capabilities include:
- Calibrate and profile all modern laptop and desktop display technologies
- Create highest quality professional color profiles for projectors
- Optimize profiles based on ambient light
- Quality assurance for soft proofing on monitors and verifying output quality on printers
i1Profiler specific capabilities include:
- Utilize presets for video production workflows
- Create profiles for any ambient light condition for optimal viewing of color critical work
- Unlimited gamma, white point, and luminance settings (also measure other displays or light sources and use as targets)
- Workgroup match utilizing reference profiles to match all monitors
- Gray balance optimization for more neutral and better defined grays, in any lighting condition
- Chromatic adaptation formula for a closer visual match of different monitors (or of different settings on one monitor) with different white points
- X-Rite’s Automatic Display Calibration (ADC) to automatically control and adjust display hardware settings
- Build an accurate on-screen profile in just a few minutes – just as easy as building a monitor profile
- Takes room conditions into consideration when creating profile – projected colors, screen color and room lighting
Quality Assurance (QA)
- Display quality assurance function to check soft proofing
- Printer quality assurance function to check print quality using ISO 12647-7 compliant media wedges (IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip, Fogra Media Wedge, Japan Color Control Strip).
- i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer (measurement device)
- calibration plate
- ambient light measurement head
- monitor holder
- positioning target
- scanning ruler
- backup board
- USB cable
- i1Profiler v1.x software for monitors
- PANTONE Color Manager software and soft-sided storage case
|Technology||i1® technology with built-in wavelengths check|
|Spectral analyzer||Holographic diffraction grating with 128-pixel diode array|
|Spectral Range||380 - 730 nm|
|Physical sampling interval||3.5 nm|
|Optical resolution||10 nm|
|Spectral reporting||380 ... 730 nm in 10 nm steps|
|Measurement Frequency in scanning mode||200 measurements per second|
|Measurement geometry||45°/0° ring illumination optics, ISO 13655:2009|
|Measurement aperture||4.5 mm (0.18”) diameter (effective measurement aperture during scanning is depending on the patch size and measurement speed)|
|Illumination Spot Size||3.5 mm (0.14”)|
|Light source||Gas filled tungsten (illuminant type A) and UV LED|
|Data Format||Spectral Reflectance [dimensionless]|
|Measurement Conditions||UV included - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M0
D50 - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M1
UV excluded Filter - ISO 13655:2009 measurement condition M2
|OBC||Optical Brightener Compensation (OBC) with i1Profiler software|
|Calibration||Manual on external ceramic white reference|
|Measurement Background||white, ISO 13655:2009; for measurements on backup board|
|Minimal Media Thickness||3 mm (0.12”) on backup board|
|Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode||7 x 10 mm (0.28” x 0.39”) (Width x Height) with sensor ruler 10 x 10 mm (0.39” x 0.39”) (Width x Height) without sensor ruler|
|Inter-instrument agreement||0.4 ?E94* average, 1.0 ?E94* max. (deviation from X-Rite manufacturing standard at a temperature of 23ºC (73.4ºF) on 12 BCRA tiles (D50, 2º))|
|Short-term repeatability||0.1 ?E94* on white (D50,2°, mean of 10 measurements every 3 seconds on white)|
|Data format||Spectral radiance (mW/nm/m2 /sr); Luminance Y (cd/m2)|
|Measurement range||0.2 - 1200 cd/m2 on a typical LCD-Monitor|
|Short-term repeatability||x,y: +/- 0.002 typical (5000°K, 80 cd/m2|
|AMBIENT LIGHT MEASUREMENT|
|Data Format||spectral irradiance [mW/nm/m2], illuminance [lux]|
|Type||Cosine-corrected diffuse light measurement head|
|Power supply||Device powered by USB. No additional charger or battery required. USB 1.1 high power device.|
|i1Pro device||Length 155 mm, width 66 mm, height 67 mm (6.1” x 2.6” x 2.6”)|
|i1 Ruler||Length 337 mm , width 102 mm (13.3” x 4.0”)|
|i1 Backup Board||355 mm x 265 mm (14.0” x 10.4”) folded or 355 mm x 400 mm (14.0” x 15.7”) unfolded|
|Weight i1Pro device||245 g (8.6 oz)|
Questions & Answers
X-Rite i1Basic Pro 2
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.