The Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2" screens is another one of Zacuto’s Optical Viewfinders that allows small bodied DSLR cameras with 3.2" screens to have the correct form factor for video. It offers 2.5x focusable magnification (3x is available), a 40mm diameter Zacuto optical designed lens, an anti-fog coating protective cover, an eyecup preventing extraneous light leakage, a diopter and a field of view perfectly matched to 3” LCD screens. The diopter allows you to dial in the focus to match your eye. If you need extra focal point you can use the Z-Finder Extender Frames. The Z-Finder Pro 3x has a diopter range of -2.75 and up (unlimited with extender frames). These are semi-permanently stackable frames that attach to the skirt of the Z-Finder Pro and extend the Z-Finder glass further way from the LCD screen for people who are farsighted.
The Z-Finder Pro uses Zacuto's Gorilla Baseplate and Z-Finder mounting frame to mount to the camera. The Gorilla Baseplate attaches to the bottom of your camera using a ¼ 20” screw and the Z-Finder mounting frame attaches to the Gorilla Baseplate using thumb screws. The rubber back mounting frame does not attach to your LCD; it is held in place against your LCD with pressure. This method allows you to quickly remove the Z-Finder Pro by snapping it off the frame. If you want to remove the entire mounting frame from your camera, you can do so by loosening the thumb screws and pulling up on the metal mounting frame to release it.
Please Note: This Z-Finder will fit the Canon 5D MIII and the Nikon D800.
- Z-Finder Pro 2.5x
- 3 Extender Frames
- Gorilla Plate with Z-Finder 3.2" Mounting Frame for short bodied DSLR cameras (Canon 5D Mark III, Nikon D800)
- Lens Cap & Protective Boot
- Lanyard Hook and Lanyard
- Z-Finder Dust Cover
- 3x lens with an anti-fog coating protective cover
- Extra anti-fog coating protective cover
Canon 5D MIII
1. If you already have a Z-Finder, you can purchase just the Z-Finder 3.2” Frame for small body cameras.
4. The Z-finder is a magnifier and as such will magnify the sun and could damage the LCD screen if the sun is allowed to shine directly through the Z-finder lens. This is not a defect but a physical property. Caution should be taken to avoid sun magnification.
Questions & Answers
Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x for 3.2" Screens
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.