- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
Please note: Reflector not included.
Elinchrom’s new BRX range of compact flash units is perfect for photographers both in the studio and on location. The BRX 500 is a great addition to any set of lights and is the perfect replacement for the Classic EL500. The concept is simple. Control, Power, Speed and Versatility. With many programmable features and the EL-Skyport remote system, the BRX enables photographers the greatest freedom to express their individuality.
Full RX Skyport is built in, meaning you can control and fire the lights with a small on-camera transmitter. What's more, with the optional WiFi module you can control this and any RX compatible flash unit from an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad using the free Skyport iOS app. Don’t have a compatible iOS device? Then use the USB module and free Elinchrom ERS software on your PC or Mac to not only control your flashes but to save sample images and studio layout diagrams.
The BRX series deliver the quality of performance needed for a modern workflow. Available in either 250 Ws or 500 Ws, they are perfect for portraiture, landscape, product and architectural photography.
- Take full control of your units settings with the EL-Skyport App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch via the optional WiFi module
- Additional features can be found when used with the EL-Skyport Software* such as Flash-Delay for strobing-effects
- Firmware update option
- Improved electronics for even better performance than before
*The optional USB Transceiver RX and Skyport Software 3.0 are required.
- Built-in EL-Skyport receiver for triggering
- EL-Skyport with 8 frequency channels with 4 groups
- EL-Skyport Speed Sync mode for synchronization up to a 1/320 s on enabled SLR cameras
- Pre-flash detector system to enable the use of BRX with speedlights
- Visual Flash Confirmation option - the modelling lamp comes on to confirm the flash has been triggered
- Proportional, maximum, minimum and independent adjustment of the modelling lamp
- Variable f-stop steps: 1/1, ½, 4/10, 1/3, 2/10 or 1/10 steps are available
- Programmable ready beep function
- Power Auto-dump
- Automatic temperature-controlled ventilation
- Action flashtube for sharper images
- Multi-voltage auto-detection: 90-270 V (excluding modelling lamp)
- 5V sync socket for maximum protection of digital cameras.
- High-impact resistant body shell
- Accessory bayonet allowing the complete range of light modifiers
- Rubberised handgrip with built-in fuse storage
- BRX 250 Head
- AC Cable
- Sync Cable
- Modelling Lamp
- Protective Cap
- Limited Warranty
|Detailed Specifications- BRX 500 Head|
(1m, 100 ISO, reflector 48°)
|Power range f-stop||5|
|Power range Ws||16 - 250|
|Power range||1/1 - 1/16|
|Power increments in f-stop||1/10 to programmable 5/10 - 1/1|
|Flash duration t0.5 at max. power in s.||1/2762|
|Recycling 230 V||0.29 - 0.73|
|Recycling 115 V||0.27 – 1.02|
|Colour temperature at max. power||5500°K|
|Auto Power Dumping||Adjusts power settings automatically|
|Power stability||± 0.5 %|
|Voltage||Multivoltage 90 - 260 V|
|Modelling lamp mode||On, proportional, off, free|
|Modelling lamp 230 V||E27 100 W / 196 V (effective 150 W)|
|Modelling lamp 115 V||E27 100 W / 90 V (effective 150 W)|
|Flashtube||n° 24000 : Plug-in, user replaceable|
|EL-Skyport (Built-in)||Integrated transceiver, 8 Frequency Channels and
4 Groups with full RX features
|Sync voltage||5 V (compatible with all cameras)|
|Sync socket||3.5 mm jack|
|Fan Cooled||Microprocessor-controlled fan with thermal cut-out|
|Umbrella fitting||Centred tube for EL-umbrellas ø 7 mm.
Stand bracket with extra umbrella fitting for larger umbrella shafts
|Max. power consumption
(230 V / 50 Hz)
|150 W (during charge : 380 W)|
|Max. power consumption
(115 V / 60 Hz)
|180 W (during charge : 270 W)|
|Dimensions||28 x 14 x 23 cm (with protective cap)|
|Weight||1.85 kg (4.0 lb.)|
Questions & Answers
Elinchrom BRX 250 Multivoltage Self Contained Flash Head with Built-In Skyport Receiver
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.