The Pro-B Head Plus is an upgrade of the classic Pro-B head.
It’s a small and compact head specifically made for the Pro-B range of battery generators. The head supports up to 1200Ws flashes and 100W modeling light while weighing only 1.8 kg.
Pro-B Head Plus compared to previous Pro-B Head
The Pro-B Head Plus is based on the Pro-B Head design but includes 4 important improvements:
1. New safety lamp head connector
The new safety lamp head connector is the most visible upgrade in the new ProHead Plus line. The safety lamp head connector is sealed, helping to prevent dust and moisture from entering the generator. Note that the safety lamp head connector is 100% backward compatible.
2. New improved stand adapter
The stand adaptor has been upgraded with a fixed screw. Unlike the previous version, it cannot be unintentionally screwed off. In addition, the stand adaptor is now equipped with an additional hole, which creates improved mounting options.
3. New patent pending “Perfect Arc” flashtube
The “Perfect Arc” flashtube has a new design that vastly improves the triggering capabilities on low power settings. This also provides better color and energy stability from flash to flash on all power settings. Note that the new flash tube is compatible with all previous generations of ProHead and Pro-7 Head.
4. New improved protective glass cover
The glass cover has been made thicker, which makes it even more robust and safe to work with.
General info about the Pro-B Head Plus
The Pro-B Head Plus includes a Disc or a Zoom Reflector, which slides and locks at your chosen position along the head's body. This enables you to control the spread of the light emitted.
The head also includes a frosted, UV corrected glass dome. The frosted surface makes the quality of the modeling light almost identical to the flash light.
Other user benefits of Pro-B Head Plus
- Easily replaceable flashtube and glass cover
- Plug-and-play flash tube mounting.
- Optional glass covers are available in a variety of coatings for added control over the color temperature.
- Easy to control the light with Profoto Light Shaping Tools
- Compatible with the entire range of Profoto Light Shaping Tools.
- Long-Reaching Cable
- 4m cable that resists twisting, trampling and cracking.
- Extension cables are available for light heads placed at longer distances from the power pack.
- Disc Reflector or Zoom Reflector
- Perfect Arc flash tube
- 100W halogen lamp
- Removable frosted glass cover
- Protective transportation cap
- 5/8´ stand adapter with fixed screw
- 4 m (13 ft) lamp cable
Questions & Answers
Profoto ProB Head Plus UV
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.