- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
The essential telephoto zoom.
Introducing the newest addition to Nikon's compact high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lenses, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR. Inspired by today's versatile HDSLR shooters, it strikes an ideal balance between exceptional optics, advanced lens technologies—including our game-changing third generation of Vibration Reduction with up to 5 stops of image stabilization—and a remarkably compact, lightweight design. Whether you shoot with an FX- or DX-format camera, handheld or tripod-mounted, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR delivers the serious telephoto zoom performance you've been seeking.
- Vibration Reduction - A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor - AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- M/A - Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat - An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths.
- Super Integrated Coating - Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass - An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- IF Lens - A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Take it everywhere
Lightweight, portable and highly versatile
At just 30.0 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR is well balanced and comfortable, even on long outings. Its f/4 fixed maximum aperture excels in low light and lets you maintain a consistent exposure while zooming, especially useful when shooting HD videos. The 70-200mm focal length range (105-300mm on DX-format cameras) has been the choice of pros for years, but for greater reach, add any of Nikon's teleconverters and achieve 1.4X, 1.7X or 2X magnification. The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR even focuses as close as 3.28-ft with a maximum magnification of 1.36x, so you can capture the smallest of subjects while maintaining a comfortable working distance.
Dazzling photos and HD videos
Advanced features for exceptional results
Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR incorporates Nikon advancements in lens technology and optical design. It's our first third generation Vibration Reduction lens, which enables shooting at shutter speeds up to an unheard of 5 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. Nano Crystal Coat (N) reduces ghosting and lens flare; three Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements provide maximum sharpness and minimum chromatic aberration, even at f/4; and the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual focus override.
Cover every possibility
Build an exceptional f/4 zoom system
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR brings the telephoto zoom range to Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lenses. Pair it with either the ultra-wide-angle to standard AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4F ED VR or the wide-angle to telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR, and you'll be able to cover an extremely broad focal length range with f/4 speed, superior image quality and a compact, lightweight lens system.
- Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/4.0 G ED VR Nikkor Telephoto Zoom Lens
- LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm
- HB-60 Bayonet Hood
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1225 Semi-Soft Case
- Limited Warranty
|Mount Type||Nikon F-Bayonet|
|Focal Length Range||70-200mm|
|Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)||22°50'|
|Minimum Angle of View (DX-format)||8°|
|Maximum Angle of View (FX-format)||34°20'|
|Minimum Angle of View (FX-format)||12°20'|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1.36x|
|High Refractive Index Elements||1|
|VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization||Yes|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|ED Glass Elements||3|
|Super Integrated Coating||Yes|
|AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)||Yes|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.28 ft.|
|Focus Mode||AF, Manual|
|Accepts Filter Type||Screw-on|
|Dimensions||(Approx.) 3.1x7.0 in. (Diameter x Length)
78.0x178.5mm (Diameter x Length)
|Weight||(Approx.) 30.0 oz. (850g)|
Questions & Answers
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4.0 G ED VR Lens
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.