- Call for Availability in Ottawa
- Available in Toronto
- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa In Stock
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
49mm UVa (010) filter with Multi Resistant Coating
This UV Filter blocks the invisible UV component of light from the sky, which can cause blur and to which many color films react with a blue cast. These filters should be called UV-Blocking Filters, because there are filters for technical applications that pass UV radiation and block all the other wavelengths. Nevertheless, the short term “UV Filter” has become established among photographers. UV Filters are ideal for photography in high altitudes (in the mountains), by the sea and in regions with very clean air. The pictures gain brilliance and disturbing blue casts are avoided. Because the glass is colorless, color rendition is not altered, aside from the elimination of the unwanted blue cast, and no increase in exposure is required. That makes a UV Filter very suitable as protection of the front element of the taking lens against dust, flying sand, sea water spray and the like, and it can be kept on the lens at all times. It is recommended for analog color and black-and-white as well as digital photography.
Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC)
Both sides of B+W MRC coated filters have a multi-layer coating. It consists of 7 + 1 layers, of which 7, also called the MC layers, guarantee high transmittance and maximum elimination of reflections. Instead of the usual 4% reflection losses at the glass surface, the MC layer reduces this value to an average of well below 0.5%. This enables brighter colours and higher contrast to be achieved. The reflection curve of the MC layer shows the more accurate values over the entire visible spectrum.
- Because the sensor in the camera always reflects back a portion of the incident light, depending on the shooting situation, ghost or double images may be produced. This effect is greatly minimised by using MRC filters with an anti-reflective coating on both sides and, depending on the shooting situation, can be completely eliminated.
- The last, outermost layer, which is represented by the R = Resistant in the name B+W MRC, serves a different purpose. It provides the dirt- and water-repellent surface of the B+W MRC coating, thus making it considerably easier to clean.
49mm UVa (010) MRC filter
Questions & Answers
B+W Filters 49mm - UVa (010) MRC Filter
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.