- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
The “Big Daddy” of the USB Series is the X2442USB with its 10 state-of-the-art, XENYX-powered mic inputs, four stereo channels, four Aux Sends and four stereo Aux Returns, and our easy to use “one knob” compressors on each of the mono channels. Other features available exclusive to the X2442USB are: four subgroups for mixing flexibility; Main Inserts (the ideal path for connecting graphic equalizers or compressor/limiters); and eight Direct Outs and Sub Outs for analog recording purposes.
XENYX USB Series mixers are designed to handle your live gigs, and they provide the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings. Along with their built-in USB/audio interfaces, XENYX USB mixers come with all the recording and editing software you’ll need to turn your computer system into a complete, high-performance home recording studio.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 10 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- Studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver downloadable at www.behringer.com
- Channel inserts and direct outputs on each mono channel plus main mix inserts for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 4 aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Clip LEDs, mute, main mix and subgroup routing switches, solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 4 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility; 4 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Balanced main mix outputs with ¼" jack and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate control room, headphones and stereo rec outputs
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix; rec inputs assignable to main mix or control room/phones outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
All XENYX mixers have one thing in common—great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology—and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, XENYX mixers provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Sublimely Musical British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll—without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous—dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs have great difficulty mastering. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class—but standard on all XENYX USB mixers.
All XENYX USB Series mixers (except the 1204USB) feature our new 24-bit dual engine FX processor, with 16 editable, studio-grade presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and multi-effects. Complete with a highly accurate input meter, these effects can be altered to your personal taste via the Parameter control. Time-based functions can be entered manually by pressing the Tap button in tempo with the music.
There was a time when the recording process called for lots and lots of expensive gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio—and that time was pricey indeed. But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. How do you get all that music flying around your brain into your computer? That’s where XENYX USB mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect any of these mixers directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source you connect to the mixer can be recorded directly to your hard drive. Which brings us to software…
Free Would Be Nice!
Because you’ll want to take full advantage of the XENYX USB Series mixers’ recording and podcasting potential, we’ve thrown in a massive software package that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You’re ready to go live on your PC or Mac computer right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio from input to output.
- Behringer XENYX X2442USB Audio Mixer
- Power Cable
- USB Cable
- Rack Mount Hardware
- Audio Software Download Instructions
|Total number Of Inputs||24 Inputs|
|Mic/Line Inputs||10 x XLR Microphone Inputs
12 x 1/4" TRS Line-Level Inputs
|Stereo Line Inputs||4 x 1/4" TRS Left & Right Paired Inputs|
|AUX Returns||4 Stereo Returns|
|Inserts||8 x Channel Inserts
Stereo Main Inserts
|BUS (Group) Outputs||4 Sub Groups|
|2 Trk Master I/O||2 x Balanced XLR Outputs
2 x 1/4" TRS Outputs
|ALT I/O||8 x 1/4" TRS Sub Outputs
8 x 1/4" TRS Direct Outputs
Stereo RCA 2-Track Outputs
|Monitor Outputs||2 x 1/4" TRS Control Room Outputs
2 x 1/4" Stereo Headphone Outputs
|EQ Section||3-Band EQ with Mid Sweep on Every Channel|
|Solo/Mute||Mute and Solo Buttons on Every Channel|
|Channel Level Control||60mm Faders|
|Phantom Power||+48V Phantom|
|Metering||12-Segment Stereo LED Meters
Clip LEDs on Every Channel
|Frequency Response||Mic Input to Main Output:
<10 Hz - 90 kHz (+0 dB / -1 dB)
<10 Hz - 160 kHz (+0 db / -3 dB)
|Dynamic Range||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||110 dB A-weighted (0 dBu In @ +22 dB Gain)|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||0.005% / 0.004% A-weighted|
|Power Supply||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Dimensions||5.31 x 17.32 x 16.54" (135 x 440 x 420mm)|
|Weight||13 lbs (5.92 kg)|
Questions & Answers
Behringer X2442USB Premium 24-Input 4/2-Bus Mixer with Multi-FX Processor
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.