- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Lease this for: $330.26 Learn More
The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM lens delivers brilliant high-speed performance for professionals with minimal glare and superb image quality. Taking advantage of the best in lens technology, it features gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements for improved diffraction efficiency with reduced flare. These elements are arranged with a large-diameter ground aspheric lens and a UD lens for a new level of sharpness and clarity. New coatings help to reduce ghosting, ensure excellent color balance and reduce fingerprints on the front and rear of the lens.
Professional L-series dust- and water-resistant construction is complemented by impressive performance: a 3 mode Image Stabilization system offers up to four stops of compensation and can even prevent operational errors when the camera is mounted on a tripod. AF stop buttons placed on the front of the lens can automatically stop focusing at any time; full time manual focus ensures complete control no matter the AF mode, and a Power Focus (PF) mode makes for smooth focus transitions when shooting movies. The EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM focuses down to 10.8 ft. (3.3 meters), has a 9-blade aperture for pleasing, soft, out-of-focus areas, and is constructed with environmentally friendly lead-free glass.
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare.
- Large diameter ground aspherical lens and UD lens for even greater optical performance.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide exceptional results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- For greater convenience, Image Stabilizer does not have to be disabled when shooting with a tripod.
- AF stop buttons on the front of the lens allow you to stop autofocusing at any point.
- Optimized lens placement and coatings deliver exceptional color balance, while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Minimum focusing distance of 10.8 ft./3.3 m.
- Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM Lens
- ET-120W II Lens Hood for EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
- E-145C Lens Cap for EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Lens Dust Cap E (Rear)
- Lens Wide Strap B f/EF 300 / 400 mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- 52mm Drop-in Gelatin Filter Holder (Black)
- Lens Case 400D for EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM
- Strap for Hard Case
|Focal Length & Maximum Aperture||400mm 1:4|
|Lens Construction||18 elements in 12 groups|
|Diagonal Angle of View||6°10'|
|Focus Adjustment||Inner focusing system with USM|
|Closest Focusing Distance||10.83 ft. / 3.3 m|
|Filter Size||52mm drop-in|
|Max. Diameter x Length, Weight||Approx. 5.04 x 9.16 in. / 128 x 232.7 mm
Approx. 74.1 oz. / 2100 g
Questions & Answers
Canon EF 400mm f/4.0 DO IS II USM
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.