- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
The EUROLIVE 1800D-PRO active subwoofer is destined to become the new standard in low-frequency reproduction. Packed with an incredible array of truly professional features, these brutes provide extreme levels of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
Class-D amplifiers (with switch-mode power supplies) drive the custom-designed low frequency drivers for sonically optimized output. And the best part of all—these new B1800D-PROs provide a much better power-to weight ratio than many competing active subwoofers. Powered by 1400 Watts. As always, the speakers are made by BEHRINGER in their own factory.
Put simply, these cool-running systems are much lighter, making them ultra-easy to transport and set up— and our no-compromise design means you get amazingly-deep, chest-pounding bass that will keep the party going all night long. They’ll add needed bottom-end to your active full-range speaker system.
What is Class-D Technology?
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off , which significantly reduces power losses from the output devices given off as heat. Less heat means our amps don’t need massive heat sinks, and that means we can make them lighter. Our no-compromise design means the B1800D-PRO will deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for lengthy rest cycles.
When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don’t require huge and heavy transformers, our Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
The transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so we don’t cut any corners. We custom-design and built our transducers from scratch. Not only do we wind our own voice coils, we process the paper pulp into cones and even machine our own backplates. This enables us to control the quality, and frankly, make better components.
The B1800D-PRO feature balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR THRU jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A BOOST FREQUENCY knob targets a boost frequency between 45 Hz and 90 Hz. Flick the BOOST switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. These subs also feature a HIGH CUT dial to control the upper corner frequency for the subwoofer’s amplifier. The HIGH CUT dial does not affect the THRU signals, only signals directed to the subwoofer (however, it does affect the signals sent out through the Output sockets of the subwoofer to reach the full-range speakers). A LEVEL knob controls the input gain, and the PHASE switch reverses output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers. LEDs show operational status at a glance, including power, signal present and input overloads.
- High-performance 1400-Watt powered subwoofer for PA applications
- Powerful 18'' long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coil provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Extremely high sound pressure level (127 dB half space 1 W @ 1 m)
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies (35 – 150 Hz) for "bulletproof" punch and impact
- State-of-the-art 1400-Watt Class-D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for ultimate low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Subwoofer Level control to adjust the balance between subwoofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
|Active or Passive||Active|
|Frequency Response||20 to 200Hz (-10dB)|
|Power Capacity||RMS 1000 Watts @ 6 Ohms
Peak 1400 Watts @ 6 Ohms
|Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL)||130dB Max|
|Crossover||Variable Frequency High-Cut Filter, 90-150, Butterworth, 24dB Slope|
|Low Frequency Driver||18"|
|Input Connections||Balanced XLR|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||21.6 x 27.6 x 21.1" (547 x 700 x 535mm)|
|Weight||83.8 lbs (38kg)|
Questions & Answers
Behringer B1800D-PRO Active 1400W 18" PA Subwoofer w/ Built-In Stereo Crossover
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.