- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Offering outstanding Audio-Technica sound for surface-mount applications, the U851A features a PivotPoint® rotating output connector, UniSteep® filter and UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology. This battery- or phantom-powered condenser microphone accepts interchangeable condenser elements—available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. Its heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone. With superior off-axis rejection and maximum gain-before-feedback, this professional microphone sets audio-quality standards in challenging acoustic environments.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint® rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard® RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- Audio-Technica UA851A UniPoint Boundary Microphone
- AT8531 Power Supply
- AA Battery
- Soft Protective Pouch
|ELEMENT||Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser|
(cardioid in hemisphere above mounting surface)
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||30-20,000 Hz|
|LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF||80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|
|OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY||Phantom: –40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
Battery: –41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
|IMPEDANCE||Phantom: 200 ohms
Battery: 270 ohms
|MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL||Phantom: 133 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
Battery: 123 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
|DYNAMIC RANGE (typical)||Phantom: 111 dB,1 kHz at Max SPL
Battery: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
|SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO||72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS||11-52V DC, 2 mA typical|
|BATTERY TYPE||1.5V AA/UM3|
|BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE||0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)|
|SWITCH||Off, on-flat, on-roll-off|
|WEIGHT (MICROPHONE)||8.6 oz (244 g)|
|WEIGHT (POWER MODULE)||4.9 oz (139 g)|
|DIMENSIONS (MICROPHONE)||4.25" (108.0 mm) long,
3.31" (84.0 mm) maximum width,
0.91" (23.0 mm) height
|DIMENSIONS (POWER MODULE)||3.31" (84.0 mm) H x
2.48" (63.0 mm) W x
0.87" (22.0 mm) D
|OUTPUT CONNECTOR (POWER MODULE)||Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|CABLE||25.0' (7.6 m) long (permanently attached to microphone), 0.13" (3.2 mm) diameter, 2-conductor, shielded cable with TA3F-type connector|
|OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS||UE-H hypercardioid (100°);
UE-O omnidirectional (360°)
|ACCESSORIES FURNISHED||AT8531 power module; battery; soft protective pouch|
Questions & Answers
Audio Technica U851A Cardioid Condenser Boundary Microphone
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.