- Toronto Available for Order
- Ottawa Available for Order
- Mississauga Available for Order
- Calgary Available for Order
- Edmonton Available for Order
Location Recording Kit
The NTG5 is a short, ultra-lightweight shotgun microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. Featuring a revolutionary acoustic design with circular ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics, it offers unmatched transparency and a more natural, uncoloured sound.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), and short in length (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dBA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse environmental conditions
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with WS10 windshield, PG2-R pistol grip and other accessories
Combined with a tightly controlled frequency response, smooth off-axis response, and very low self-noise (just 10dBA), the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is the imperative. No excuses.
The NTG5 is a boom operator’s dream, weighing a mere 76g and measuring just over 20cm, making it ideal for use on long, demanding shoots. It also features RF-bias circuitry to ensure reliable performance in adverse environments, with excellent resistance to high humidity, severe cold, damp, and dust. The perfect location recording mic.
What's IncludedNTG5 Microphone
RM5 Microphone Clip
PG2-R Pro Cable
ZP1 Small Pouch Bag
|Acoustic Principle||RF-bias condenser|
|Active Electronics||RF-bias demodulation|
|Polar Pattern||Supercardioid shotgun|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|Frequency Response||80 Hz - 20 kHz ±3 dB|
|Output Impedance||25 Ω|
|Signal to noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Equivalent Noise||10 dB SPL (A-weighted, as per IEC651)|
|Input SPL @ 1% THD||130 dB SPL (1kHz @ 1% THD, 600 Ω load)|
|Power Requirements||2 mA @ 48V phantom power|
|Sensitivity||-23.5 dB re. 1 Volt/Pascal or Better (66 mV @ 94 dB SPL @ 1 kHz)|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||NTG5: 203 x 19 mm (8 x 0.75")
PG2-R: 117 x 60 x 240 mm (4.6 x 2.4 x 9.4")
|Weight||NTG5: 76 g (2.7 oz.)
PG2-R: 224 g (7.9 oz.)
Questions & Answers
Rode Microphones NTG5 Kit Shotgun Microphone Location Kit Ultralight
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.