- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Low Contrast Filter
The Tiffen Low Contrast Filter can be applied to purposely reduce contrast while photographing an image or while recording video. By redistributing illumination from brighter to darker areas within a scene, this filter is useful in helping to balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. Detail is increased within shadow regions while a halation effect around highlights is created which can further enhance a scene's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Reduces contrast for photography or while recording video
- Redistributes illumination from highlights to shadows within a scene
- Helps balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows
- Increases shadow detail while creating halation effect around highlights
- 77mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport
Questions & Answers
Tiffen 4X5.650 Low Contrast 1/2 Filter
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.