Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF ED VR Telephoto Zoom Lens
High performance, telephoto lens featuring Nikon’s most advanced features and specifications
The AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is a high-performance telephoto zoom lens that offers Nikon’s most advanced features such as Nikon Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass, Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and enhanced Vibration Reduction (VRII), as well as optics perfected for use with both Nikon DX format digital and 35mm film SLR cameras. Advanced Nikon engineering has resulted in a compact lightweight lens design offering outstanding optical performance and excellent handling characteristics.
This Zoom-Nikkor lens offers 70-300mm (4.3x) zoom performance that is suitable for various telephoto shooting opportunities including sports, nature and wildlife photography. When used with a Nikon DX format digital SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a 105-450mm lens on a 35mm SLR.
The new Nikon Vibration Reduction (VRII) system enables substantially sharper handheld pictures at slower shutter speeds, and sharp pictures at shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would be otherwise possible. For VR shooting, there are two VR modes from which to select to match shooting conditions. Normal Mode primarily reduces camera shake in handheld shooting, detecting panning automatically. Active Mode can compensate for vibration in other situations, such as when shooting from a moving vehicle, for example.
The AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED also offers proven Nikon features and technologies such as the SWM, which offers fast and precise auto-focusing with super-quiet operation, and two ED glass elements that provide higher resolution and high-contrast images.
Together with the AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED lens, it gives Nikon digital SLR owners a focal-length range from a wide 18mm to super telephoto 300mm (the picture angle is equivalent to 27mm to 450mm of 35mm format).
- 4.3x, 70-300mm telephoto zoom (picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 105-450mm on a 35mm format SLR)
- The VRII minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops (Under Nikon measurement conditions) faster. Normal and Active modes are available.
- Two ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration in the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast. Outstanding Nikkor optical performance makes it suitable for photography with both Nikon digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
- The SWM enables fast and quiet autofocusing, and smooth switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- The Internal Focus (IF) design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarizing filters.
- The nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- A flower-shaped bayonet hood is provided
- ø67 mm filter attachment size (Non-rotate)
- AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF ED VR Lens
- 67mm Snap-on front lens cap (LC-67)
- Rear lens cap (LF-1)
- Bayonet hood (HB-36)
- Flexible lens pouch (CL-1022)
- Optional accessories
- 67mm screw-in filters