Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Silver
ELPH 180 (Silver)
For those wanting a simple way to capture moments with family, friends and more, the slim, stylish PowerShot ELPH 180 camera has easy-to-use features to help create photos that are as stunning as you want. The 8x Optical Zoom lets you get close to the action, while the 20.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor help produce vibrant, clear images to share or print. Take more than just still images, with the ability to record movies at 720p HD. For added convenience, Smart AUTO figures out suitable settings for what you’re photographing so you don’t have to worry about finding a picture mode yourself. To help reduce the effects of camera shake, Digital IS helps keep blur to a minimum. On top of that, the Auto Zoom feature can automatically close in on your subject and keep it in focus for easy shooting.
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with flexibility and ease
- 20.0 Megapixel* CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to help deliver stunning image quality
- Capture 720p HD video
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
- Digital IS helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
- Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos
- Enable the Auto Zoom feature and your camera will automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help keep it in focus
- ECO Mode helps reduce power consumption for longer battery life
- Help Button provides simple explanations and easy control of your settings
Capture images with flexibility and ease
8x Optical Zoom with Digital Image Stabilizer
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera features an 8x Optical Zoom so more shots are within your reach. You'll love the flexibility that the wide 28–224mm (35mm equivalent) shooting range offers. Plus, the wide-angle lens captures an expansive image in each shot, adding depth, perspective and grandeur. Landscapes, city scenes, family shots and more benefit from the extra width. Whether you're shooting wide group shots or zooming to the telephoto end, your images will be bright and clear.
Deliver stunning image quality
20.0 Megapixel* Sensor
With the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's 20.0 Megapixels* of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the 8x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution can be ideal for creating large prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor features accelerated processing speed to create fast, responsive performance, giving you a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by up to 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This helps significantly reduce noise for brilliant colour, smooth gradations and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system can compensate for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The result is images that are reliably sharp and clear at all lengths of the camera's powerful 10x Optical Zoom. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
Capture 720p HD video
Using the slim PowerShot ELPH 180 camera, you can shoot high-definition video when you want, where you want. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to quickly record moments in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories.
Intelligently selects the proper settings based on predefined shooting situations
Getting that great shot can be as simple as pressing the shutter button on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera with Smart AUTO, which automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. On the PowerShot ELPH 180, detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations.
Helps reduce the effect of camera shake and subject movement
Sometimes even the steadiest of hands can move a little, and during night photos or when zoomed in close, even a small shudder can blur a photo. Digital IS on the PowerShot ELPH 180 camera analyzes the image in order to electronically remove blur and fuzzy edges, helping to ensure you get a clear picture.
Provide creative freedom to capture your photos
The PowerShot ELPH 190 IS camera provides shooting modes that can easily give your shots a distinctly artistic feel without the need for any extra lenses and filters. You can make a quirky portrait using the Fisheye Effect or add a beautiful single-tone effect with Monochrome. Toy Camera Effect simulates a vintage look as if capturing the photo using a “toy” or pinhole camera.
- Smart AUTO: The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program: The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Portrait: Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Face Self-timer: The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light: For high-quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect: Now you can get the fisheye effect – a classic photographic distortion – without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect: Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect: Simulates photos taken with “toy” or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome: Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia or Blue.
- Super Vivid: Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colours.
- Poster Effect: Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one colour, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Fireworks: Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter: Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Movie: Record video; unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
Automatically zoom in to help frame your subject and help keep it in focus
Now, beautifully framed shots using the powerful 8x Optical Zoom are as easy as pressing the Auto Zoom button. With Auto Zoom, the camera automatically determines the correct size and framing by detecting the number of subjects. The system also detects faces that are too small, then zooms in to the proper length. Auto Zoom is a great feature for spontaneous everyday shooting, and especially useful for times when someone else (even a child) is using your camera, for instance at a tourist spot.
Reduce power consumption for longer battery life
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera features ECO Mode to help provide a high number of shots per single charge through LCD monitor and camera power management. The mode can be activated via a dedicated button for easy power preservation when an outlet is unavailable or the moment is too exciting to put the camera down. ECO Mode quickly wakes the camera from sleep when a button is pressed so you won't miss the moment.
Simple explanations and easy control of your settings
The PowerShot ELPH 180 camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A Help Button on the camera's exterior brings up the help menu when you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.
PowerShot ELPH 180
Battery Pack NB-11L
Battery Charger CB-2LF
Wrist Strap WS-800
(USB Interface Cable and Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM are not included)