Photek SL-5000-S Softlighter with 7mm Shaft
Not a softbox, scattering its light through a diffuser directly at the subject, the SOFTLIGHTER II delivers light that has been totally reflected before it is diffused, light as soft and as even as moonglow.
Because it is a rule that the closer the light source the softer the light our SOFTLIGHTER II design comes with a removable center shaft to bring the light source even closer to your subject. And adds something even more special - Photek's SOFTLIGHTER II SL-4000 and SL-5000 includes one each gold and silver light enhancing discs. These light modifiers can warm the color of your light or give it more sparkle and contrast, as well as increasing light output by a full half stop. The SOFTLIGHTER II sets up in moments, no collars or rib set up.
Building its original design from the classic umbrella shape, the softlighter has developed that classic light source into a total system. This system ranges from the basic professional reflector/diffuser umbrella to a most sophisticated lighting instrument capable of a variety of lighting tasks.
Designed in three appropriate sizes, every SOFTLIGHTER will fit any light head 7-1/4" or less in diameter
- White reflective surface, free of bleaches and fluorescence, perfectly reflects the color of your light.
- Stout black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface and a more perfect circle of light, so flattering when seen as catch lights in the eyes.
- So versatile a product is the SOFTLIGHTER II, that by removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the SOFTLIGHTER II becomes everything a softbox promises. It becomes a shoot through diffuser providing light that canbe used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Final touch. The SOFTLIGHTER II sets up in moments. Its unique translucent cover fits directly onto the tips of the SOFTLIGHTER II. A totally fireproof material creates its own collar around the lighthead, with no time consuming fitting of mounting collars or rib setups involved.