The MKH 416 transformerless, RF condenser is designed as a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. Very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Ideal for boom, fishpole, and camera mounting.
Its excellent directivity and compact design, high consonant articulation and feedback rejection make the MKH 416 a superb all-around microphone for film, radio and television, especially for outside broadcast applications.
- Interference Tube Principle
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer's acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- The RF-design yields exceptionally low noise levels and is virtually immune to humidity and moisture.
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Matt black all-metal body
- Increased directivity
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions. Extremely stable.
- Visually "low key
• (MZW 415) Windshield
• 1 Year Warranty
|Transducer||Pressure Gradient/Interference Receiver Condenser|
|Frequency Response||40 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Dynamic Range (Typical)||117 dB|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||81 dB|
|Maximum Input Sound Level||130 dB, (@ 1 kHz)|
|Power Requirements||Phantom Power 48v, (± 12v)|
|Output Impedance||Nominal Impedance: 25 Ohms
Minimum Terminating Impedance: 800 Ohms
|Output Connectors||XLR-3M Type|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off||None|
|Applications||Film, Radio and Television, Especially for Outside Broadcast Applications|
|Dimensions||9.84 x .74 (250 x 19mm) LxDiameter|
|Weight||5.82 oz. (175 g)|