- Toronto In Stock
- Ottawa In Stock
- Mississauga In Stock
- Calgary In Stock
- Edmonton Coming Soon
Rent this for: $100/day Learn More
Open Box available:
Dare to Move
Designed in a single-handed form factor for DSLR and mirrorless cameras, the Ronin-S empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move.
- Superior 3-Axis Stabilization
- 3.6 kg Tested Payload Capacity
- 12hrs Max Battery Life
- Camera Control
- Pro Accessory Compatibility
- Fine Focus Control
- Automated Smart Features
- Angled Roll Motor
Be in the Moment
Professional Stability for Every Destination
The detachable, modular design of the Ronin-S makes it easy to fit inside a backpack on your travels. Thanks to the industry standard quick-release plate design, you can easily mount the camera onto the gimbal for tracking shots or on a tripod for stills.
Operating the Ronin-S is easy and intuitive to setup with Auto Tune directly on the gimbal for optimal torque control. Powerful, high torque motors actively stabilize your shot when mounted to moving platforms at speeds of up to 75 kph.
The Ronin-S supports almost any DSLR or mirrorless camera setup on the market, offering direct camera control.
Focus better on your subject with the easy-to-control Focus Wheel. When a compatible camera system connects to the Ronin-S, you can pull focus via the included cable. An optional external motor can also be added, bringing broader compatibility to all lens types while enhancing precision control.
The Ronin-S's innovative framework elevates camera payload above the roll axis, making the camera's built-in display obstruction free and always in your line of sight. In addition to providing an unobstructed view, the angled roll motor allows for more space to balance bulkier setups.
We understand that sometimes you need more than just a gimbal for your project. The Ronin-S offers multiple accessory mounts, providing full support for add-ons such as a microphone, LED lights, and even an external monitor. Compatibility with DJI control devices offer a wide range of control, such as Force Pro for intuitive operation and Master Wheels for precise gimbal movements. The Ronin-S also features an S-Bus port for compatibility with third-party remote controllers.
SmoothTrack technology allows you to transition from motion to camera angle with one hand. Switch between three user profiles with a simple click on the M button, and capture fast-moving objects in Sport Mode by holding it down.
Portable. Versatile. Ergonomic.
The ergonomic design of the Ronin-S frees unwanted shake when shifting from underslung to an upright position in one smooth take. The detachable design offers numerous usage scenarios. Mount it to an RC buggy for low-to-the-ground tracking shots or let it act as a stabilized remote head when attached to a jib. This detachment feature also makes it more convenient for easy storage.
Automated Creative Features
The most dramatic scenes unfold with imaginative, carefully planned shots. The Ronin-S includes a suite of automated features within the DJI Ronin app, letting you produce even more creative professional footage to unlock your true filmmaking potential.
With new firmware upgrade you get new features:
- Added five focus speed settings for Nikon cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
- Added three focus speed settings for Canon cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
- Added two focus speed settings for Panasonic cameras (requires Ronin app v1.1.8 or later).
- Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS 6D Mark II cameras with supported EF lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS 6D Mark II, press down halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Canon EOS R cameras with supported RF mount lenses. To use autofocus on the Canon EOS R, press down halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon Z6 cameras with supported Nikkor lenses. To use autofocus on the Nikon Z6, press down halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7M3 and A7R3 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using the MCC-C cable. Photo capture is not currently supported. To use autofocus on the Sony A7M3 and A7R3 cameras, press down halfway on the gimbal’s camera control button.
- After using the playback function on the Nikon D850 camera, double tap the trigger on the Ronin-S to switch back to live.
- Reduced vibration/shaking when switching between 3D Roll 360 and normal mode. 3D Roll 360 is now disabled when the roll axis angle is larger than 180°.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
What's included with this purchase:
BG37 Grip with Built-In Battery
Camera Mounting Plate
3x Camera Screws 1/4"-20
Hook-and-Loop Strap for Gimbal
RSS IR Control Cable
Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C)
Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-B)
Extended Grip/Tripod (Metal)
24W USB Power Adapter
2x Allen Wrenches
Hook-and-Loop Strap for Cable
|Camera Tray Dimensions||Maximum depth from the center of gravity on the camera base plate: 98 mm
Maximum height measured from top of the camera base plate: 150 mm
Maximum width: 205 mm
|Accessory Port||Mechanical: 1/4”-20, 3/8”-16 Mounting Hole, M4 Mounting Hole
Electrical: 12V/2A Power Accessory Port, Camera Control Port, 8-pin Port
|Input Power||Model: RB1-2400mAh-14.4V
Type: 18650 LiPo
Capacity: 2400 mAh
Energy: 34.56 Wh
|DJI Assistant 2 Requirements||Windows 7 or above
Mac OS X 10.11 or above
|Ronin App Requirements||iOS 9.0 or above
Android 4.4 or above
|Load Weight (Reference Value)||3.6 kg (Handheld)|
|Angular Vibration Range||±0.02°|
|Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed||Pan axis: 360°/s
Tilt axis: 360°/s
Roll axis: 360°/s
|Mechanical Endpoint Range||Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis: +185° to -95°
Roll axis: 360° continuous rotation
|Controlled Rotation Range||Pan axis: 360° continuous rotation
Tilt axis: +135° to -90° (Upright Mode, +90° to -135° (Underslung and Flashlight Mode)
Roll axis: ±30°, 360° continuous rotation (Roll 360 mode)
MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
|Working Current||Static current: ≈0.16 A|
|Bluetooth Operating Frequency||2.4 to 2.48 GHz|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Power||0 dBm|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 113° F (-20 to 45°C)|
|Weight||Approx. 3.3 lbs (gimbal only)
Approx. 4.1 lbs (gimbal and grip included)
|Dimensions||Approx. 202 x 185 x 486 mm|
Questions & Answers
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.