- Toronto Special Order
- Ottawa Special Order
- Mississauga Special Order
- Calgary Special Order
- Edmonton Special Order
Lease this for: $185.72 Learn More
AG-UMR20 / AG-UCK20GJ
Surgical Image Recording System
A compact recorder with versatile operation for broadcasting, video production, live streaming and more.
- Inheriting the compact, lightweight, free-style shooting features of the First-generation POVCAM plus the operating ease and versatility of a touch panel.
- Network Operation for IP Control and IP Streaming Versatiles System Functions, including 3G-SDI / HDMI / IP Simultaneous Output.
- Double SD memory card slots (SDXC memory card) & Relay recording a memory card recorder with high image quality and extended recording.
- 4K (UHD) compatible, 29.5 mm wide-angle optical 20x zoom lens compact camera head with improved image quality and functions.
- POVCAM Applications using the compact camera head system examples with a standalone recorder
A Compact, Lightweight, Free-Style Shooting
Inheriting the features of the first-generation POVCAM plus the operating ease of a touch panel.
Network Operation for IP Control and IP Streaming
LAN connection enables zooming and real-time video monitoring with a PC or tablet.
Double SDXC Memory Card Slots
Extended recording capability with large-capacity SDXC Memory Cards and Relay Recording.
High-Quality, Newly Designed 4K* (UHD) Camera Head
Featuring a high-resolution, progressive MOS sensor and 29.5mm (35 mm equivalent) wide-angle optical 20x zoom lens.
AG-UMR20 Memory Card Portable Recorder
Compact, Lightweight, Battery-Drive Recorder
- Light weight, handy size. Improved recorder operation with a touchpanel display and large buttons.
- KEY LOCK function: Operation buttons can be temporarily disabled to prevent operating mistakes.
- Battery drive: Equipped with a battery socket on the rear panel. Large-capacity battery supported (11,800 mAh / 8,850 mAh / 5,900 mAh / 5,800 mAh).
- DC operation: Equipped with input terminal for DC12V power supply. AC adaptor also included.
- Power Supply Activation mode on the main unit linked to centralized power supply ON/OFF.
- Threaded sockets provided in two locations, left and right, for arm or rack mounting.
Touch-Panel LCD Monitor
- High resolution: 16:9 screen, 3.5-inch, approx. 1.15-megadot panel
- Touch panel: Compact size and multifunctional operating ease. Menu settings and User buttons can be operated by touch.
- 13 User buttons: In addition to one hard key, 12 User buttons are displayed. Functions can be allocated to each. Four Scene File buttons also allow easy switching of the scene setting.
- LCD reverse display: The image displayed on the LCD monitor can be reversed vertically and horizontally. The camera head can be reversed vertically to match installation conditions.
- * When the image is reversed, the recorded image will remain in its original orientation.
- WFM display: Waveform (WFM) and Vector Scope (VECTOR) display supported.
- LCD DTL: The contours of the display image are emphasized to aid in focusing.
* Even when the contours are emphasized, the recorded image will not be affected.
LAN Terminal for IP Streaming and IP Control
The LAN terminal supports video and audio streaming distribution to networks, as well as file transfers and external control. Access from PCs and tablets is achieved by web browser, with no special app required. Control is also possible by a Panasonic remote camera system IP controller for integrated system operation. Open IP commands also make it easy for users to design original systems.
- IP control: Remote control from a PC, tablet or IP controller enables Rec Start/Stop, Clip Delete, and compact Camera Head control (Zoom, Focus, Iris, and Menu Settings).
- IP streaming: Video and Audio IP streaming supported. Signals can be received and monitored by PCs, tablets, and IP decoders.
- File transfer: Recorded clips can be downloaded by a network PC.
A REMOTE Terminal that also controls Focus and Iris
Two REMOTE terminals provide fingertip control. In addition to the Rec Start/Stop and Zoom operations a terminal for focus and iris is also provided.
Simultaneous Output of 3G-SDI Input/Output and HDMI Output
- SDI input: An SDI input with 3G-SDI support is equipped. This lets you connect to a camera-recorder or other video device and record multi-format images, including FHD (1920 × 1080) 59.94p/50p/23.98p progressive images. When connected to a standard camera-recorder, Rec Start/Stop control can be used for automatic back-up recording.*
* Linked automatic recording must be supported by the camera-recorder.
- SDI output: 3G-SDI compatible SDI output is equipped. FHD (1920 × 1080) 59.94p/50p progressive images can be output.
- HDMI output: HDMI output of 4K (UHD)*1/FHD images is supported. Combined with SDI output and IP streaming, this enables simultaneous output*2 to maximum of three systems.
*1: HDMI output of 4K (UHD) video is available only for playback of 4K (UHD) recorded clips.
*2: Simultaneous output is not supported for all video formats. Conditions exist for the input / output signals and recording format.
- Audio input:* A stereo mini-jack is equipped. LINE IN/MIC IN switchable.
* When connected the compact camera head, the audio input can not be used.
- USB 2.0: PC connection is possible in Mass Storage mode (miniB terminal).
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack.
AVCHD Acquisition with High-Quality PS/PH Modes
In addition to the HD (1280 × 720) 59.94p/50p recording and extended recording mode (1440 × 1080) 59.94i/50i of the first-generation POVCAM, a PS mode capable of FHD (1920 × 1080) 59.94p/50p/25p* recording is equipped. PH mode for professional video production is also capable of FHD (1920 × 1080) 59.94i/50i/23.98p* recording. When connected to the Compact Camera Head (optional AG-UCK20GJ), high-resolution 4K (UHD: 3840 × 2160) 29.97p/23.98p/25p* (MP4 format) recording are supported.
* When using the AG-UCK20GJ, 59.94i/50i video signals are output for HD SDI output and HDMI output.
Double SD Memory Card Slots (SDXC Memory Card)
Large-capacity SDXC/SDHC Memory Cards supported. Double SD Memory Card Slots and a Relay Recording function enable two memory cards to be consecutively used. Hot Swapping also makes it possible to exchange cards while recording. Combined with the high data compression efficiency of the AVCHD format, this enables a maximum of 22 hours* of recording in the high-quality PS mode and a maximum of 112 hours* of recording in the extended (HE) mode. SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards can be readily acquired in an emergency situation while shooting on location.
*1: When using two 128-GB SDXC Memory Cards. Extended clips are automatically split every 10 hours, causing the recording to stop for several seconds.
Versatile Recording Functions for Professional Use
- Producing photos from video: Single-frame image files can be converted from recorded video images. These can be used for highquality photos.
- Last clip delete: The clip that was recorded immediately before can be deleted with a single touch. This function can also be allocated to a User button.
- Time stamp: Date and time information can be superimposed onto images. Usable for extended research activities and nature observations.
- TC/UB recording: An SMPTE time code generator is built-in.
- Color bar signal output (with 1-kHz audio test tone*).
* When [SYSTEM FREQ] is set to [50 Hz], a 997-Hz test tone is output.
Playback Functions Convenient for Presentations
- Repeat playback: Continuous, automatic Repeat playback possible for one clip or multiple clips from the thumbnail display. Helpful for demonstrations and presentations.
- Resume playback: When the Stop key is pressed during playback, the stop position is stored in memory. Simply press the Play key to start playing again from the stop position.
* Turning off the power resets the memory. This function is disabled in the factory default setting.
- Clip operation: Fast forward, rewind, clip forward, clip reverse, and frame by frame playback operation are supported.
AG-UMR20 Portable Recorder
|Power||DC 7.28 V (with battery), DC 12 V (with AC adaptor)|
|Power Consumption||In standalone condition:
1.1 A (with battery), 0.7 A (with AC adaptor)
With the optional AG-UCK20GJ Camera Head:
2.2 A (with battery), 1.4 A (with AC adaptor)
|Operating Temperature||0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)|
|Weight||10% to 80% (no condensation)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||10 x 5.3 x 10.4 cm (3.93 x 2.08 x 4.09")|
Memory Card Recorder
|Recording Media||SDHC memory card (4 GB to 32 GB) ,
SDXC memory card (48 GB to 128 GB)
MP4: more than Class10, AVCHD: more than Class4
|Recording slot||2 Slots|
|System format||59.94 Hz / 50.00 Hz|
|Motion recording||Recording system: MP4, AVCHD
Recording mode/Recording time:
Please see page 3 for the “Recording Format” table
|Still picture recording||Recording system: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)|
Digital Video / Digital Audio
|Output video signal||8 bit 4:2:2|
|Recording video signal||8 bit 4:2:0|
|Video compression||MP4: MPEG-4, AVCHD: AVC/H.264 High Profile|
|Recording audio signal||48 kHz / 16 bit 2 CH|
|Audio compression||MP4: LPCM, AVCHD: Dolby Audio|
Video Input / Output
|SDI IN||BNC x 1, 0.8 V [p-p], 75 Ω, 3 G/1.5 G HD SDI supported
Input format:1080/59.94p LEVEL-A/LEVEL-B, 1080/50p
|SDI Out||BNC x 1, 0.8 V [p-p], 75 Ω, 3 G/1.5 G HD SDI supported
Output format: same as input format
|HDMI Out||Type A connector x 1, VIERA Link not supported
Output format: 2160/29.97p/25p/23.98p, 1080/59.94p/50p/
Audio Input / Output
|MIC / Line in||3.5 mm diameter, stereo mini jack (MIC IN and LINE IN）
MIC: −60 dBV (sensitivity −40 dB equivalent,
0 dB=1 V/Pa 1 kHz), plug in power supported
LINE : −10 dBV
|SDI Out||2 CH (LPCM) , switchable gain: 0 dB/−6 dB/−12 dB|
|HDMI Out||2 CH (LPCM)|
|Headphone||3.5 mm diameter, stereo mini jack x 1|
|Speaker||20 mm diameter, round x 1|
|Camera||20 pin dedicated interface|
|LAN||IP control LAN connector (RJ-45)
Straight/Cross cable auto-detect function
|Remote||2.5 mm diameter stereo mini jack x 1 (Zoom, S/S)
3.5 mm diameter mini jack x 1 (Focus, Iris)
|USB 2.0||Type Mini-B connector, mass storage (read/write)|
|DC IN 12 V||DC 12 V (11.4 V to 12.6 V) EIAJ Type 4|
|LCD Monitor||3.5-type LCD monitor, approx. 1,150,000 dots|
|Video compression||MP4:MPEG-4, AVCHD:AVC/H.264 High Profile|
|Audio compression||AAC-LC (48kHz, 16 bit, 2 CH, 128 kbps)|
|Transfer mode (JPEG)||Resolution 640 x 360:
Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps
Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps
|Transfer mode (H.264)||Resolution 3840 x 2160/640 x 360:
Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps
Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps
Resolution 1920 x 1080/1280 x 720:
Frame rate (59.94 Hz) : 60 fps, 30 fps, 15 fps, 5 fps
Frame rate (50.00 Hz) : 50 fps, 25 fps, 12.5 fps, 5 fps
|Supported protocol||TCP/IP, UDP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, RTSP, RTP, RTP/RTCP,
FTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, IGMP, UPnP, ICMP, ARP,
RTSPoverTCP, RTSPoverHTTP, SSL (TLS) , MultiCast/UniCast
|IP connector cable||LAN cable* (moer than category 5) max. 100 m|
|Windows||Microsoft® Windows 10 (32 bit/64 bit) , Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft® Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit) SP1, Internet Explorer 11
|Mac||MacOS v10.12 Safari10, OS X v10.11 Safari10|
|iOS device||iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, iOS 10, standard browser|
|Android||Android OS 4.4, standard browser|
|Controller||AW-RP50, AW-RP120G, AK-HRP200G|
|Rated input voltage||AC 100 V - 240 V, 50 Hz / 60 Hz, 1.2 A|
|Input capacitance||79 VA (AC 100 V), 99 VA (AC 240 V)|
|Rated output||DC 12 V, 3 A|
|Operating temperature||0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)|
|Operating humidity||10% to 90% (no condensation)|
|Weight||225 g (0.49 lbs)|
|Dimensions||11.5 x 3.7 x 5.7 cm (4.5 x 1.45 x 2.2")|
Questions & Answers
Panasonic AG-UMR20PJ Memory Card Portable Recorder
Looking for a personal touch? Not sure if you are choosing the right product? Our staff is here to help.
We want to make sure you get the right product for your needs.
Our staff will help you understand the options available so you can be confident in your purchase.
As the country’s leading Professional Imaging retailer, Vistek is in the perfect position to ensure you make the right choice.
Contact us today for a personal touch.