This is the premier Speedlite for all photographers, including professionals. Newly designed to match with the EOS-1D Mark III in terms of improved dust- and water-resistance, body strength, and the ability to control flash functions and settings from the camera menu (EOS-1D Mark III only). Other features include improved communication reliability through its direct contacts, and recycling time is both 20% shorter than the 580EX and is completely inaudible.
- Approx. 20% faster recycling time compared to 580EX
- Superior build quality, including a metal foot for higher rigidity
- Max. Guide No. 58 at 105mm setting (GN 190, feet)
- Auto conversion of flash coverage with compatible digital SLR cameras
- White Balance info communicated instantly to compatible digital SLR cameras
- Full swivel, 180° in either direction
- AF-assist beam, compatible with all AiAF points on every EOS SLR
- Dust- and water- resistance to match the EOS-1D Mark III
|Compatible Cameras|| E-TTL operation with all EOS digital SLRs; PowerShot G2, G3, G5, G6, and Pro1; and the following EOS film cameras - EOS-1v, EOS-3, Elan 7N series, Elan 7 series, Elan II series, Rebel T2, Ti, K2, GII, G.
TTL operation with all other 35mm EOS SLRs, and Canon T90.
|Guide Number||190 (at ISO 100, feet) / 58 (meters); flash head at 105mm zoom setting|
| Number of Flashes
||Approx. 100 to 700, with fresh AA-size alkaline batteries|
|Recycling Time||Approx. 0.1 to 6 seconds, with fresh AA-size alkaline batteries|
||(At ISO 100, with 50mm f/1.4 lens at f/1.4)
Approx. 1.6 to 98.4 feet / 0.5 to 30m
|AF Assist Beam||Built-in; covers all focus points in EOS cameras with 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, or 45 AF points; Distance range - 2 to 32.8 feet (0.6 to 10m) at center; 2 to 16.4 feet (0.6 to 5m) at periphery|
|Custom Functions||Fourteen Speedlite Custom Functions built-in; set on Speedlite's LCD panel|
|Power Source||Four AA-size batteries - alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable Ni-MH usable|
|External Power Source||External power supply - compatible with Dust- and water- Resistant External Power Pack, Canon battery pack CP-E3 and Transistor Pack E|
|Dimensions||3.0 x 5.3 x 4.5 inches /76 x 134 x 114mm|
|Weight||13.2 oz./375g, without batteries (4 AA alkaline batteries add 3.5 oz./100g)|